TVGemist plugin (2 Viewers)

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have a suggestion for navigation through the tv gemist, especially the uitzending gemist part.

Now you have

Titel
    dag
    net/zender
    omroep
    genre

These are vertically placed.

How about this layout :

http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

for the selection of programs

don_care100

Portal Member
    March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I will like to say a big THANKS to the devoloper(s) of this plugin. I installed it yesterday and the plugin adds a very nice future to my HTPC. There is so much to see. Nice piece of work !!!!

Don

moiristo

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Enschede
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I will like to say a big THANKS to the devoloper(s) of this plugin. I installed it yesterday and the plugin adds a very nice future to my HTPC. There is so much to see. Nice piece of work !!!!

Glad you like it ;)

How about this layout :

http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

for the selection of programs

It's a bit like choosing a song in iTunes, right? I like it, but I don't really have a problem with the current layout, either. How do others feel about this?

synthdood

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thank's very much for this release! It now works perfectly in combination with PureAudio.

My girlfriend is gonna love this! She already was over the moon when she found out about the Uitzending Gemist that UPC digital offers, but they only offer the last two or three days and only ten days if you take a more expensive subscribtion. This plugin beats UPC a thousand times! We can now see programs as far back as 2005..... and all for free. Yous gotta loves ya opensource community :)

About the layout: I am actually quite happy about the current layout. It integrates nicely with the rest of MP. The only thing that sometimes confuses me is that, when in the menu, pressing the right arrow on the remote doesn't take you to the list, but directly modifies the selected filter. I would prefer that you had to press OK or Enter to activate a filter.

moiristo

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Enschede
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I see what you mean. It is the default behavior of the selectbutton. I may be able to change this, but it is hard to find out since the skin architecture is very poorly documented.

Juggels

Portal Member
    January 12, 2008
    I installed the new version but now I have the problem that the screen is not well working. The preview pictures are alligned to the text buttons, see attachment.

I had/have the same problem :(

After installing the MPI it suddenly looked like that. I have tried uninstalling the MPI, reinstalling the skin, manually installing the plugin, I even reinstalled MediaPortal, but none of these steps seem to have worked. I guess I'll have to hold of on using the plugin until I figure out what's wrong.

moiristo

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Enschede
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The only possible explanation is that the tvgemist skin files you are using are the wrong ones, that's all. There is no need for reinstalling MP for this. And please, when there is a bug, don't post anything like 'it doesn't work', but tell me what your configuration is and what you have tried to solve it.

So, in your case:
    - which version of MP are you using?
    - which skin do you use?
    - in case it is a 16:9 skin, have you tried copying the BlueTwo Wide skin xml files for tvgemist (all starting with tvgemist_) to your currently used skin?

Juggels

Portal Member
    January 12, 2008
    Please don't take my previous post the wrong way as I wasn't complaining about your product (it worked for me before and I loved it). (besides, I'm software tester for a living, so I know 'it doesn't work' doesn't cut it).

As for the situation at hand:
    The re-installing of MP wasn't caused by the plugin, I had messed up some other things so I decided a clean reinstall would be the way to go (hopefully fixing my layout issue).

I've been using MP 0.2.3.0 updated with the latest SVN, combined with the Monochrome skin.

This is what I've done just now:

1. Remove Monochrome skin and reinstall skin in order to make sure no 'old files' were the culprit
    2. Delete Cache\Monochrome folder
    3. Install latest TV Gemist version (zipped version)

I also performed all of the above steps and replacing the files in skin folder with the BlueTwo Wide xml files.

Somehow MP also keeps showing the 'BlueTwo' hover image in the home screen, even if I delete the two BlueTwo skin folders (and remove the cache folder). Therefore I don't think it's a problem in your plugin, I think something is off in my MP configuration.

moiristo

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Enschede
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The hover image can be found in /<skin>/Media/hover_tvgemist.png. It should not show up when you delete it from there. Could you please try to see what happens when you use BlueTwo instead of Monochrome? Same problem?

Juggels

Portal Member
    January 12, 2008
    I am getting the feeling that my Windows Vista is somehow messing up the creation of the skins cache folder etc:

- I have deleted the hover image from the folder
    - I open up the hover image in the skin package and it looks ok (greyscale recycle logo)
    - I copy this file to the /<skin>/Media/ folder
    - I open up this file and it shows as the BlueTwo image

When using the BlueTwo Wide skin in MP everything works and looks just fine. I'm gonna try to see where Vista is getting it's image previews from, hopefully that really is the root cause of the problem for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom