tvgids.nl & sbs6.nl grabber problems? (2 Viewers)

Jinux

Portal Member
July 18, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Yes, well ....

I have 0.2.3.0, this works great, with everything. But the tvguide since 2 weeks, but oke ...

I have tried to install 1.0.0.0, this is not working for me. It keeps crashing randomly. Also, in the configuration, i tried to look at this, tv server thingy, but there is no way for me to do, what you wrote in your post about giving names to each channel.

So now i have 0.2.3.0 again, working as a charm, pitty, no tv guide for now. I am getting so irritated this guide not working, and that it is so difficult to setup this guide normaly.

When i start the mc2xml program, it gets the channel info and programs, but, comedy central and nickelodeon, but oke, it works. Then when i go to the configuration, television, tv channels, import from TV guide. And i get all the channels with these frequenties in front of them.

Getting crazy about it. Would be nice if this could be simple...

In a while i'll try again, for now, i am fed up with it.

Thanks though, for the reply.

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I don't know if, and where, you can control the channel names coming from the guide without using the tv server.
    If you use the tv server, you have to add the plugin (something with xmltv) and in there, you can assign those 'weird guide channel names' to a tuner channel.
    That way, in the tv guide , you get to see the names of the channels that you have assigned to the tuner and not those from the grabber.

Of course, in your situation if you have a problem with v1.0 I can understand that you switch back to a working solution - I also had problems getting the new version working.
    All my problems started with the tv guide not working anymore and not knowing that it was a problem with the grabber, so finally I bit the bullet and focused on getting the new version up and running.

Right now, I'm a happy v1.0RC3 user and even that I didn't really have the time to get busy with that because I knew that I would not be done in a jiffy (and I record from tv daily) I didn't want to loose that because I also had no time to watch live tv.

It's also seems that information/support/... to older versions is less of a priority and the community focuses on the new version.
    I'm also not someone to jump on new things immediately but sometimes, you might consider it anyway.
    I know from experience that it can be frustrating if your HTPC doesn't work the way you are used to and finding a reason/solution can be a pain but I guess that this is a result if you choose to use a highly configurable solution instead of a 'ready-out-of-the-box' one.

Jinux

Portal Member
    July 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You're right, about the highly configurable solution, i am glad it is so. Thanks for the reply, i think i just need to experiment with this 1.0 version on an other pc. Till i have that working, and leave my living room pc on v 0.2.3.0. I just sometimes get so stressed up with all the configs that are possible. But still its the greatest HTPC software, and the people in the forums are all so nice ;-) Well i am going to install v 1.0 again on an other pc now. And ill think there will be more questions in other threads referring to other configurable items in the new version. :-D

Mashenden

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    So to answer your question, here is what you need to do:

1) download mc2xml.exe here: mc2xml
    2) put this...

For those having trouble getting the popularly referenced site to properly download the mc2xml file, try this alternate download site - it worked for me.

Using MC2XML to Download Guide Data for Third Party Apps

The file should be something like 1.43 M, not 200 K, in size.

In trying to run the mc2xml file from the more popularly suggested site, it would result in an error "This program is not a valid Win32 application."

The rest of the instructions provided by ronald2oo2 worked well - Thank you.

mashenden

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom