tvgids.nl & sbs6.nl grabber problems? (2 Viewers)

Mkoorn

Portal Member
October 16, 2008
Amstelveen
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
The tool mc2xml works great in combination with MediaPortal TVserver, thanks Henk99 for the information. You must map the channels correct with the xml information.

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

thanks for the tip on this tool. Works very fast. Although I am sometimes missing some days in the tvguide (ned 1, 2 and 3: only 3 days ahead). Bram's tip on the postal code is a must, otherwise it is nearly impossible to make the correct mapping due to the large number of channels.
    What I noticed as well is that when you use the 'force' switch it will not use the configured output filename but will revert to xmltv.xml as output... Had to brush up my dos-batch job skills on this one ;) (delete tvguide.old, ren tvguide.xml > tvguide.old and rename xmltv.xml > tvguide.xml)

anyway super!
    regards,
    Ruud.

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm alos missing certain channels. When importing the xml file from mc2xml first ned 1, ned 2, ned 3 and some more channels are imported and the data is visible. But when the data import is complete the channel data for these channels disappears and only the other channel data is available. Also, I still can't import only once. If a new tvguide.cml has been imported I have to remap the channels again to be able to do the (partial) import.

I'm back at WebEPG for now.

Asmo

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2005
    Brilliant Pe2RM, thanks for the update. Today I noticed my EPG was empty too. I suspect a few others will search the forum soon as well :)

eurojojo

October 11, 2005
    Rotterdam, Netherlands
    I put a recipe online which combines the output of MC2XML with the information directly from the Film1.nl site (not available in MC2XML and always badly represented in TVGids.nl) and allows to fill in any gaps from TVGids.nl. It uses TVxb, which runs under Windows and Linux.

The webpage is under heavy reconstruction, because I focused on getting the scripts right. Later this week it will be more structured.

Check it out on Dutch PVR

Any questions? Just ask.

Topstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 28, 2008
    Arnemuiden
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Great Work

This should be imported in MP!

Great work guys.
    :D

I would like to recomend this sollution as a standard sollution for MP worldwide!
    :D:D:D

ronald2oo2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 15, 2005
    Netherlands
    mc2xml

Just wanted to mention -opposed to my earlier advise- that you need to keep using the -o output file switch: "only" the grabbing info is stored in the mc2xml.dat !

So after the first time you should run (e.g. in a scheduled bat) : mc2xml -o TVGuide.xml

Cheers,
    Ronald

BTW It did not realy bother me yet, but the forward program data is very inconsistent. It lookes to me like some office jockey is manually updating the lists and every few days he gets around to update specific channels.

P.Niem

Portal Member
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have tried mc2xml for some days, but for me there some negative issues. First, the days ahead sometimes decreases to only 2 days for non-commercial channels (ned3 for example). The second thing is that the program data is not compatible with tvgids.nl. The names of the programs differ. Especially the capitals aren't the same. "De Wereld Draait Door", for example, is spelled "De wereld draait door" on the microsoft site. The problem with this is that all scheduled series won't work.

So I went back to WebEPG. It's fully operational again.

Pe2RM

Portal Member
    October 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have tried mc2xml for some days, but for me there some negative issues. First, the days ahead sometimes decreases to only 2 days for non-commercial channels (ned3 for example). The second thing is that the program data is not compatible with tvgids.nl. The names of the programs differ. Especially the capitals aren't the same. "De Wereld Draait Door", for example, is spelled "De wereld draait door" on the microsoft site. The problem with this is that all scheduled series won't work.

So I went back to WebEPG. It's fully operational again.

Same for me, lack of information on dutch public channels, less information in descriptions. Have to look at gids.omroep.nl to see whats really on tonight. Tried mc2xml for a week, works fine but i can't live with it.

Just reverted back to WegEPG where i can define the best information sources for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom