[WiP] TVLIB-93 | Powerscheduler: Add option to sleep TV Server if Client is online but TV Server is idle (1 Viewer)

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi,

the Improvement Suggestion was posted here: Powerscheduler: Add option to sleep TV Server if Client is online but TV Server is idle

How it works:
    • The TvServer won't wake up on starting or resuming of the client.
    • The TvServer will start by WOL (wake on lan) when the user enter the TV or Radio section.
    • The TvServer can go to standby if the user in not in the TV or Radio section.
    GIT branch
    Jira Ticket : TVLIB-93

Please test it and report me the issues with attached the client and server logs.

The installer based on MP 1.10 Final.

Thx,
    regeszter

Last edited by a moderator:

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    I really like the idea - can't test, as still on 1.7, so just out of curiosity: From memory, TVplugin constantly get's info to show "recording started" and "recording stopped" notifications - in GUI they should only be greyed/disabled, if user decides to let TVS sleep while MP is running, as that information isn't available in that case.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I have attached a full installer based on 1.10 Pre Release.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Have just those library files changed again or more now? Reason I ask, it would be easier to test if I didn't have to do a full install and could revert back by replacing files after using it a while..

It's a useful client feature for me as more often than not the client is watching online videos or other media than live TV so could save some electricity if the TV Server machine need not be switched on. I'm also curious if (now it doesn't need TV Server on) it will speed up resumes on the client.

Usually my machine sits waiting for x seconds on resume whilst the TV Server wakes up and it can talk to it <- this is one thing I'd like to get rid of :) Again in my case (I realize this isn't something for everyone) I would rather suffer the delay when I actually go into TV for the first time).

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    hum, i' have now, TVE server dedicated. and i have see one issue on my use.
    My TV-server go to standby after 20 minute without use TV stuff on client. normal behaviour.
    but after my movie ending, go to TV section. and PAF TVE don't start. and ask me for change the TV server name.

PS : for sleep TVE i must check, "FORCE powerscheduler to sleep TVE if iddle"
    PS: the numero of Jira ?

i must try your setup ...

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    installed on my system.
    what i have see, TVE don't start anymore when MP. and start only when select TV plugin.
    For, me, with my old system, i have few freeze on Client side, due to Server is not ready yet. so TVE lock my client.

not tested yet the standby mode.

REsume :
    • The TvServer won't wake up on starting or resuming of the client.
    ( WARN with slow TVE system. this can do freeze your client )
    • The TvServer will start by WOL (wake on lan) when the user enter the TV or Radio section.
    • The TvServer can go to standby if the user in not in the TV or Radio section.
    (must test)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom