[WiP] TVLIB-93 | Powerscheduler: Add option to sleep TV Server if Client is online but TV Server is idle (3 Viewers)

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    ( WARN with slow TVE system. this can do freeze your client )
    @regeszter
    I think this should be put in a separate issue - while I agree, it IS an issue - but it is not directly related to this feature change - we have the problem today already, that when you start a client from S3, it sometimes takes quite a while until TVS (separate system) is startedf and ready to connect.
    During this time, MP client seems to "freeze" (can take quite some time, as TVS needs to be started and then takes some time until network connections are ready to go). We might need to put that "waiting for TVS to be ready" routine into a thread - this should avoid the client to "feel frozen" - plus any start of TV related feature (e.g. autostart TV, entering TV plugin) of course still needs to wait until TVS is ready.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello Guzzi,
    i'm aggree with you. for example :
    My HTPC : E6400 + 4GB RAM + SSD OS ( Resume 5-10seconde )
    My TVE-SERVER : Sempron 2800+ - 1GO - HDD OS + Timeshift. ( i know it's not the best. but for test, and know what i need, it's usefull ) Resume 10-30sec

With the old usage, when HTPC start, it start also TVE-serveur ( also if not needed :cautious: ), but this can give more time to TVE to start and be ready.

with the feature of this thread, it start only when i select TV plugin, ( sound good for me ), but this lock MP and i can do nothing else, to rest on the transition screen between homepage and TV plugin ... this morning 2-3 min was locked. ( i think due to EPG XML grabbing too ). if we can have TVE detect/ready for not lock MP anymore ... would be awesome

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hello All!

I agree with @Guzzi and @azzuro, but as you know there is code freeze in TVE, so I can not make so big changes in TVplugin. It means this feature won't merge to master/TVE3.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    one week after setup this patch, it seems work fine, but not tested yet, if server go to standby if user is not inside TV or Radio section.

Question : you think if user is on TV Gui, but tv is not started, it consider than you use TV, and TVE is not set to standby ?
    if yes, for me it's the good result.

Only one thing, not sure if related to this patch, on my remote i press "Record" button, i have dialog who say me, record actual show, or manual stop.
    =MediaPortal_-_TV_-_Record_now_dialog.jpg

when i press manual stop choice, i have the topbar with " you record ... " but when i look in record section, i have nothing in active record ...

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Question : you think if user is on TV Gui, but tv is not started, it consider than you use TV, and TVE is not set to standby ?
    if yes, for me it's the good result.

Yes.

Only one thing, not sure if related to this patch, on my remote i press "Record" button, i have dialog who say me, record actual show, or manual stop

I do not know. It needs more test and LOGS. :p

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    i know, but my Teamviewer don't work, today ... pfff, so i can't acces from my work on my personal network .. for take log

My setup to access my local network: ;)

• router with openwrt
    • ssh to router from the internet (from work)
    • wake on lan command from the router to any pc on my home network
    • vnc inside ssh tunnel to access any pc on my home network

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom