MP2 - V2.5 TVMosaic Provider for MP2 (3 Viewers)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I added gerne infos to all EPG screens and also in recording details they appears now. I merged them already in and added a new installer to first post of this thread.
    2022-01-07: Download - Added gerne labels to EPG screens and recording details

Updated recording screen:
    nereus_recordings.jpg

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not sure what has happened but despite reinstalling both TV Mosaic and the most recent -7 MP version I still can't get anything to display in TV/Recordings. No problem starting a recording from the EPG everything seems to work well and I can see it in the designated folder and even display and play it from Videos (last screenshot) but nothing at all in TV/Recordings GUI even after multiple re-imports. Below are several screenshots showing my settings etc, I would be very happy if anyone can tell me what I have done wrong.

rec-1.jpgrec-2.jpgrec-3.jpgrec-4.jpgrec-5.jpgrec-6.jpgrec-7.jpg

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not sure what has happened but despite reinstalling both TV Mosaic and the most recent -7 MP version I still can't get anything to display in TV/Recordings. No problem starting a recording from the EPG everything seems to work well and I can see it in the designated folder and even display and play it from Videos (last screenshot) but nothing at all in TV/Recordings GUI even after multiple re-imports. Below are several screenshots showing my settings etc, I would be very happy if anyone can tell me what I have done wrong.

View attachment 209749View attachment 209750View attachment 209751View attachment 209752View attachment 209753View attachment 209754View attachment 209755
    I think this is normal "for now", I have the same behaviour. This is one of the points, that needs to be solved. Currently TVMosaic stores the recording infos C:\ProgramData\DVBLogic\TVMosaic\data\recorder_database\recorder_database.db. We would need to take it from there into MP2 to creat xml files.
    @morpheus_xx explained this earlier:
    This will require some more work. While we could add the recording folder as media source (if TvMosaic is installed locally though), we depend on an metadata extractor to detect a file as "recording". We currently do this by reading the .xml next to the .ts. TvMosaic does not save such files, so we might to query the API to check if the .ts is an actual recording.

Currently the by TVMosaic recorded *.ts files are stored without xml files, which are used by MP2 to recognize recordings. All settings in TV-server configuration have no effect, because TVE3 is not used in this case.

You may try to add one xml file with same name as a recording ("Notruf Hafenkante-1030-20220701.xml") and reimport the recording folder in MP2. It should then appear in recordings.

Test content of xml file could be just:
    XML:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <tags>
      <tag>
        <SimpleTag>
          <name>TITLE</name>
          <value>Import Test</value>
        </SimpleTag>
        <SimpleTag>
          <name>GENRE</name>
          <value>Sports</value>
        </SimpleTag>
        <SimpleTag>
          <name>CHANNEL_NAME</name>
          <value>RTL Television</value>
        </SimpleTag>
        <SimpleTag>
          <name>STARTTIME</name>
          <value>2020-04-10 08:38</value>
        </SimpleTag>
        <SimpleTag>
          <name>ENDTIME</name>
          <value>2020-04-10 10:15</value>
        </SimpleTag>
      </tag>
    </tags>

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You may try to add one xml file with same name as a recording ("Notruf Hafenkante-1030-20220701.xml") and reimport the recording folder in MP2. It should then appear in recordings.

Test content of xml file could be just:..........
    Not sure what you are suggesting there, did you mean me to use the "Test" .xml file as is with the file renamed to match the .ts (which has not worked) or do I need to customise the contents of the .xml to match the .ts file which needs data I do not have.

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not sure what you are suggesting there, did you mean me to use the "Test" .xml file as is with the file renamed to match the .ts (which has not worked)
    Yes
    or do I need to customise the contents of the .xml to match the .ts file which needs data I do not have.
    You can do, but not needed. It's just to see, if the recording appears. If a recording with the title "import test" or correct title appears is not to important I think.

Importent is, that you once unmap the TVMosaic recording folder and remap, just a reimport should not work.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You can do, but not needed. It's just to see, if the recording appears. If a recording with the title "import test" or correct title appears is not to important I think.
    Still nothing, I even changed the recording folder removed the old one and mapped the new one and made a new recording, see screenshots but still nothing is displayed.

rec-1.jpgrec-2.jpg

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The reinstall did not help, I uninstalled MP2 again and then installed the regular 2.4 release, set it up without TV Mosaic and made a recording, all good and displays in the TV/Recording GUI, the TV Mosaic recording remained in the same location with the Test.xml but that is still not displayed. Don't worry about it for now I will test again when you have done more work on the recording integration.:)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The reinstall did not help, I uninstalled MP2 again and then installed the regular 2.4 release, set it up without TV Mosaic and made a recording, all good and displays in the TV/Recording GUI, the TV Mosaic recording remained in the same location with the Test.xml but that is still not displayed. Don't worry about it for now I will test again when you have done more work on the recording integration.:)
    Yeah, seems better to wait for that a bit. Things will work better step by step for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom