MP2 - V2.5 TVMosaic Provider for MP2 (4 Viewers)

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Here you are:
    Thanks, I can reproduce which is a start.
    Do you get audio for that file when playing back elsewhere? VLC/GraphEdit show no audio track for me and the LAV source filter we use for playback refuses to open it from a url (but will open it from a local file, just without audio). MPUrlSourceFilter (included with OnlineVideos) plays back the video stream fine from a url (without audio), but this filter is not available in 64bit.

Are you able to playback the file from within the TvMosaic web UI? It doesn't work for me, but I had to manually add it to the tv mosaic DB so that might be some misconfiguration my end.

Hopefully it's a case of the source filter falling over at the lack of an audio stream so if we can figure out why that's missing we might get somewhere.

Are you able to upload the video that plays audio with no video, maybe on google drive or something if too large?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do you get audio for that file when playing back elsewhere?
    I tried that with VLC player and windows media player. Both do also have no audio.

Are you able to playback the file from within the TvMosaic web UI?
    You re right, playback is not possible also from TVMOsaik web application, just the loading circle is rotating.

Are you able to upload the video that plays audio with no video, maybe on google drive or something if too large?
    I do not have such file. The other files were initially without video, but audio. After your last commits they play nicely with video and audio now.
    Is one of those files anyway of help?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    After your last commits they play nicely with video and audio now.
    Is one of those files anyway of help?
    No don't worry about it if they work. I'll look into the no audio file a little more but I expect it's just broken for whatever reason, e.g. the file header defines an audio stream that never arrives and the filter can't recover when streaming it over http.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have refactored the API settings into a shared project "TvMosaic.Shared". This is used inside Server-Project in a new plugin "TvMosaic.Server". It is required to "host" the settings and can also get a feature to auto-create media source if it does not exist (like done from NativeTv).

On client side I load Settings now via ServerSettings client.

The MDE uses now the "FromUnixTime" extension, which I had implemented on client side already.

I could already configure settings, add a media source, wait for import done and then finally could playback an example recording :D Thanks @Brownard (y)

My samples are playing nicely with sound.

1642525672768.png

Edit:
    I have made some changes in the original branch already. I wouldn't fully merge them, only certain parts apply now anymore. This I can do in next days (currently quite busy)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've just tested the latest changes. Import and playback work (as before and besides my problematic recording w/o audio). I think most changes were in backend. In frontend side I can just see the missing genre information in details for now :)

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    I have refactored the API settings into a shared project "TvMosaic.Shared". This is used inside Server-Project in a new plugin "TvMosaic.Server". It is required to "host" the settings and can also get a feature to auto-create media source if it does not exist (like done from NativeTv).
    Thanks, I updated the MDE to use the settings, I also added the port value to settings and removed hardcoded references to it as it was used in a couple of places now.

pbarvinko

Portal Member
    January 20, 2022
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi everyone,

Just stumbled upon this thread.
    I am one of the original dvblink/tvmosaic developers. If there are any questions regarding the tvmosaic itself and its api I will be glad to help.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just an idea, TVMosaic has its own conflict management for recordings. We are currently updating our own, so I'm wondering, if we could not use the one from TVMosaic? In worst cases there could be even conflicts between both systems, because cirterias might be different how to deal with recording conflicts.
    It would be perfect if the TVMosaic API could just return a conflict code, so MP2 knows the isse and can also show corresponding messages in its GUI to the user.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom