MP2 - V2.5 TVMosaic Provider for MP2 (2 Viewers)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If there are any questions regarding the tvmosaic itself and its api I will be glad to help.
    I have a question regarding tuning and changing channels:

As far as I've seen it, for each channel tune request TvMosaic starts a new stream. This means for playback side to stop and deconstruct current player for old stream and then start a new player for the new stream (after channel change).

This has following main disadvantages:
    • The channel change duration increases, now we are at ~2 ... 3 seconds
    • We cannot skip back in buffer to the time of watched previous channel (new player, new buffer)
    • We had to implement a workaround for player changes, without it we saw the MP2 background while zapping
    In contrast, the TvEngine 3(.5) keeps the same stream active, but changes the input on the server side.

Is such an approach also possible with TvMosaic? It would improve the integration a lot...

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

[B]morpheus_xx[/B], let's decide on what day you will remotely connect to fix problems with EPG.​

At the moment I can't do much on your system. I am checking the EPG code here locally, but could not find a related issue yet.

But on the other hand I could improve EPG support further and replaced some workarounds by real API calls. So stay tuned...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have added a new build to 1st post.

The recent days I worked on getting timeshift to work. I needed to extent API and players to support TvMosaic's server side timeshifting and seeking. This is quite different to our normal playback, where a file can be seeked freely during playback. Here we are reading a continuous stream, but are telling TvMosaic from what position it should feed the stream.

I needed to add a "seek" command to underlying Directshow player to keep the stream playing after seek command.

This new timeshift works only on current channel, when it changes you will get a new player with a new buffer.

Please give it a try. There are probably some issues to solve...

danila_112

Portal Member
    February 14, 2022
    Home Country
    Belarus Belarus
    Installed experimental release. Works very unstable. The first start of the channel is ok, then if you switch to another, then there is no picture, but only sound, and the EPG grid does not disappear, then if you switch to the next one, it generally freezes.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes exactly the same here, also first install attempt failed see attached screenshots(hung at 1st acreenshot after retry), 2nd attempt OK. Re-installed previous version and all working again.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for feedback (y)

The installer issue could be related to new AppVeyor builds, where version numbering could be different. I will not investigate further, because the installer is currently completely reworked.

I could fix 2 issues and added a new test build to 1st post:
    1. Fixed player stop after channel change
    2. Fixed starting same channel after stop

danila_112

Portal Member
    February 14, 2022
    Home Country
    Belarus Belarus
    I could fix 2 issues
    It got a little better, but you still need to work with this algorithm. At least no longer hangs on the third switch. I recorded a video and attached the logs. The test was carried out on an MP-2 client with a Celeron j1800 CPU / 2GB RAM / SSD / connected 100Mbps channel.

Attachments

• Log.zip
      36.1 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom