MP2 - V2.5 TVMosaic Provider for MP2 (1 Viewer)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes better but still not very stable. I have attached a further screenshot reference the install in case that helps, the message precluded the install hang that I posted previously, it did not reoccur on the 2nd install attempt (successful) following a reboot.
    The other 2 screenshots show problems that also happen for me with the "working" version namely the loss of data in the epg after playing TV and sometimes the pause symbol showing even though the channel is playing, it clears usually on the next zap or by toggling play/pause.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      72 KB
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      396.3 KB
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      245.2 KB
    Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Installer was without issues here. I've problems when stopping LiveTV of a channel.
    The screen is stucked with empty player controls for 8 seconds every time before I'm back in EPG.
    With previous versions I didn't face such issues. My logs are full of deadlocks, perhaps it's related to it.
    1648884794039.png

Attachments

• Client.log
      233.1 KB

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    New test build. I hopefully could fix the stopping of playback after channel changes. Also I started to add some caching logic for now/next programs which was currently requested from TvMosaic every second.

Please give it a try, should be run better now :)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    New test build. I hopefully could fix the stopping of playback after channel changes. Also I started to add some caching logic for now/next programs which was currently requested from TvMosaic every second.

Thanks. I've the same issues reported before. Additonally I realized, that often no video is shown, when switching the chnnel. Audio is present though.

Attachments

• Client.log
      290.5 KB

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That seems much better, after extensive zapping I did get 1 black screen with audio, but only one and a couple of times the channel did not switch (the new channel info was shown at the bottom of the screen but the old channel continued to play). The pause indicator display as per my previous post seems to be fixed(y) though the loss of EPG data problem remains.
    Windows 11 , Server/Client install.

danila_112

Portal Member
    February 14, 2022
    Home Country
    Belarus Belarus
    Today I was able to download and test the assembly from 04/02/22. The first turn on of the TV channel was without a picture, only sound, switching to another channel already with a picture, then I switched back to the same channel from which I started, but this time there was only sound. As a result, if I'm not mistaken, on the fifth switch I was able to get a picture on the channel from which I started. Now about my observations on the EPG. I accidentally shifted the TV program grid back to the past tense and noticed that the names of programs whose broadcast time has already ended are known and are on the list. However, if we shift the time scale to the present time, then we end up with "no data". I recorded a video and I hope this somehow helps to fix this bug.

Attachments

• Log.zip
      22.1 KB

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I gave it another zapping test this morning, no problems getting both video and audio although I did notice that using the channel up or down button does not switch the channels sequentially (1,3,3.4 etc) but starting at 1 the next channel with the channel up button seems to be random, changing channel using the number buttons works as expected.
    BTW still have the problem installing at least 2 attempts still required, no problem with older versions.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The pause indicator display as per my previous post seems to be fixed(y)
    There was no change regarding this problem. It happens to me in regular NativeTV builds as well. But I have not fully nailed the exact scenario when it happens

ow about my observations on the EPG. I accidentally shifted the TV program grid back to the past tense and noticed that the names of programs whose broadcast time has already ended are known and are on the list. However, if we shift the time scale to the present time, then we end up with "no data"
    I have seen gaps in my EPG as well. I fear this is a bug of the API? But I plan to implement a EPG data cache which I will load with more overlapping time range. I think this will both improve EPG access and could also fix those gaps.

but this time there was only sound.
    Additonally I realized, that often no video is shown, when switching the chnnel. Audio is present though.
    I have no idea what I could do against this. The video decoding is done by LAV splitter / decoder which I can't control further. Only thing could be the default codec selection inside MP2 video player config. You could try another codec for different video types

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have no idea what I could do against this. The video decoding is done by LAV splitter / decoder which I can't control further. Only thing could be the default codec selection inside MP2 video player config. You could try another codec for different video types
    I didn't have issues with it in the past, not even one time. For me it seems it was introduced with last changes, about 50% of the channel starts and switches result in black screen with audio now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom