MP2 - V2.5 TVMosaic Provider for MP2 (4 Viewers)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I know this issue very well. It's nasty, especially if you want to watch a long running event like last weekends 24 Hours of Nürburgring Race. In Kodi you can watch the ongoing recordings and the playback didn't stop on the point the recording was ended at playback start. But once you try to navigate (pause, ff,...) this didn't work and the playback starts from beginning. So before you skip the next commercial brake you always need to stop the playback. and restart it. This way the end position will be pushed further. In Kodi this happens with every TV engine used, no matter if it's TVMosaic, DVB-Viewer, TVHeadend,...

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I figured out how to get the duration to update nicely on subsequent imports, so in theory we can import ongoing recordings straight away, but it still leaves open that the stream for an ongoing recording only plays up to the duration of the recording at the point the stream was started, though @Lehmden seems to indicate that Kodi has found a way round this...

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Seems as a non-recording guy I don't see the issues ;) I'd never watch something, that is still recording.
    But as said, I'm probably also the wrong guy to judge, because I'd not even schedule the recording
    :ROFLMAO:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Given that when watching Live TV if the playback is ever paused then continued some time later is that not "chase play" using the timeshift function? Could that functionality be utilised to "chase play" a recording?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have pushed the first version of this.
    • I had to make some changes to the way the recording 'paths' are implemented in MP2 to get them to work a bit nicer with other components, so you should remove any existing TvMosaic share and re-add it
    • TvMosaic is polled every minute (can be modified by editing the settings) and if changes to the recordings are detected it will refresh the share. One refresh will happen after a recording has started, and another when it ends to update the final metadata.
    • I haven't yet figured out how to get playback of ongoing recordings to 'chase' the current position, so whilst they will show in the recorded tv section they are subject to the caveat above that they will only play for the duration at the time playback is started.
    • It is currently implemented in a server only plugin so the TvMosaic share must be on the server, rather than a local client share.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I had to make some changes to the way the recording 'paths' are implemented in MP2 to get them to work a bit nicer with other components, so you should remove any existing TvMosaic share and re-add it
    Do I need to download anything or reinstall MP2?
    I'm not seeing a new version in post 1.

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I built the latest server and client version in VS2022. I can not get any TV, EPG and TV-groups are empty though TVMosaic-Server is configured correctly.
    I also manually entered 127.0.0.1 as TVMosaic server address, it's always empty after confirming (perhaps empty means "localhost").

Attached the log files of server and client.

Attachments

• ServerError.log
      15.2 KB
    • ClientError.log
      3.7 KB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I built the latest server and client version in VS2022. I can not get any TV, EPG and TV-groups are empty though TVMosaic-Server is configured correctly.
    I also manually entered 127.0.0.1 as TVMosaic server address, it's always empty after confirming (perhaps empty means "localhost").

Attached the log files of server and client.
    After rebuilding und updating many times it suddenly works :confused:
    I'll keep an eye on it, because I partly got errors in client, partly nothing and just no TV, everything is quite sporadic.

Further issues (remaining from before)
    • HD channels are not played and the image just remains black
    • Stopping Live-TV takes up to 10 seconds until I'm back in EPG (logs are full of deadlocks)

Attachments

• ClientError.log
      153.8 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom