MP2 - V2.5 TVMosaic Provider for MP2 (5 Viewers)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Next try today.
    • On first start of MP2-Client again no TV-provider available, on second start I had TV (this seems random).
    • I scheduled a recording manually (because of no EPG) from 15:46 - 15:49.
    • 15:47 and no recording indicator and checking after 15:50: Nothing recorded
    The logs are full of errors, I attached them.

Attachments

• ClientError.log
      48.7 KB
    • ServerError.log
      11.1 KB

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I scheduled a recording manually (because of no EPG) from 15:46 - 15:49.
    Manual scheduling using TVMosaic was broken, I think I've fixed it.
    On first start of MP2-Client again no TV-provider available, on second start I had TV (this seems random).
    And I've hopefully pushed a fix for this, this was a deeper issue with the Plugin Manager which I created a JIRA for here.

@morpheus_xx the Plugin Manager was occasionally deadlocking, leading to the the creation of the TVMosaicProvider service failing with a timeout. The issue was that because the TVMosaic plugin registers plugin items for 2 different dependencies (it registers the service with the ServiceRegistration and player mime type with the VideoPlayer plugin) it was being activated from 2 different threads concurrently when they each requested their plugin items. The 1st thread locks the plugin's state by obtaining an ugradeable read lock for the plugin here, the next thread then attempts to obtain the same lock, and is blocked until the 1st thread releases it. However, whilst waiting to obtain the plugin lock it is also holding the Plugin Manager's internal lock here, this causes the 1st thread to deadlock when it attempts to obtain the same lock here, causing the plugin lock to never be released until the 2nd thread times out. I reworked the state locking to not hold the internal lock and also checked for the case when a thread has activated the plugin whilst another thread is waiting to activate it.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And I've hopefully pushed a fix for this, this was a deeper issue with the Plugin Manager which I created a JIRA for here.
    Yes, this seems fixed now (y) I was starting the MP2-Client several times and every time TV was present. I had the same issue also with TVE3 sporadically, hopefully this is also fixed now, I'm going to test TVE3 later.

Manual scheduling using TVMosaic was broken, I think I've fixed it.
    I was rebuilding MP2-Server and MP2-Client, but this seems not yet fixed for me. I added 2 manual schedules and nothing happens.
    In logs I see several deadlocks related to Workflow Manager, maybe there is a relation to this. Attached the full logs.

PS: The back screen issue with live-TV might be also related to the dead locks (because I changed channels in this time frame). Sometimes HD channels show image, somethimes the screen remains black with audio. Sporadic failures are the worst to fix :giggle:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Brownard,

Update: Something was recording this time and also automatically imported into the TVMosaic recording folder, so your changes work.
    The recording indicators are not showing anything (start and end indicator & blinking recording dot)
    Also my recordings are just black with audio, no image.

Attachments

• ServerError.log
      2.9 KB
    • Client.log
      194.1 KB
    • Server.log
      195.6 KB

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The recording indicators are not showing anything (start and end indicator & blinking recording dot)
    I don't think this is implemented yet for TVMosaic, I'll have a look.
    In logs I see several deadlocks related to Workflow Manager
    This is something different, but I can reproduce, I think it's the fact that we perform some network requests synchronously to get the current timeshift status when populating the player OSD. This is done during the workflow navigation which blocks anything else that's trying to access the workflow context at the same time (quite a few places listen and act on workflow navigation changes). It's not a real deadlock, but rather a timeout that's assumed to be caused by a deadlock. I'll have a look at this also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom