MP2 - V2.5 TVMosaic Provider for MP2 (2 Viewers)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The API docs are available in the GitLab repository here. There is also an archive of the Wiki on the Wayback Machine here. I am not sure how up to date and complete it is though.
    Thanks. I really wonder how you found it :) I’ll take it over as a copy to our wiki to be safe. Who knows how long this source is available.
    the API docs I found, they are already in our wiki, just need some formatting.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @joecrow could you support me on finding any documentation of TVMosaic in the web? @pbarvinko seems to ignore any questions also in other forums (=no login at all). I tried to open an issue in the Gitlab repository and posted in the Kodi community. So far there is no reply at all. I believe, that someone has a local copy and we just need to find that person. Alternative is to write a documentation outself, but I'd like to avoid the effort and somebody we take full respnsibility again :( I hoped, that we do not deal with the TVMosaic server at all.
    Sorry for not responding ealier but I'm away on other matters and won't be back till Thursday ealiest.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I created a general Wiki entry for TVMosaic as TV provider: TVMosaic (TVM) Setup
    It explains:
    • Shortly the installation of TVMosaic Server and MP2-Client package
    • Configuration of the TVMosaic Server -> Subpage
    • Configuration in TV settings of MP2-Client
    • TVMosaic Client API Documentation -> Subpage
    The chapter "Configuration of the TVMosaic Server" has many gaps, because those pages could not be recovered fro mthe original TVMosaic Wiki. Is somebody willing to support here? I do not want to do everything alone again, I already put too much effort into the current doku.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm happy to lend a hand with the wiki where I can but it won't be till after the end of this month.

AdHu86

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2022
    Berlin
    Home Country
    England England
    I’ve issues with TVmosaic plugin and EPG. Every time I start the EPG and the loading circle rotates for 3-4 minutes until it is populated. First time I enter the EPG it’s just slightly different. The EPG is just empty and it takes the same time until it is populated.
    The log files are not showing any errors or warnings, so I didn’t attach them.
    My TV mosaic server and MP2 client are on the same PC, so there shouldn’t be such long delay. MP2.4.1 is used. We can hardly use MP2 due to the issues lately.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I’ve issues with TVmosaic plugin and EPG. Every time I start the EPG and the loading circle rotates for 3-4 minutes until it is populated. First time I enter the EPG it’s just slightly different. The EPG is just empty and it takes the same time until it is populated.
    The log files are not showing any errors or warnings, so I didn’t attach them.
    My TV mosaic server and MP2 client are on the same PC, so there shouldn’t be such long delay. MP2.4.1 is used. We can hardly use MP2 due to the issues lately.
    To confirm: You have the EPG data in TVMosaic server (and can see it in web browser), but the time MP2-Client loads it from there takes long time, correct? Is this every time or only when the client is restarted?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can reproduce the issue, loading time is really long. It happens only on every start of MP2-Client.
    I'm not sure, why it takes so long while it's fast with TVE3.x.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom