TVNZ On Demand (please help :)) (1 Viewer)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    can someone over there confirm that this is a playable file (f.e. in mplayerc)?

And perhaps make a nice logo?

digidog

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi doskabouter,

I can confirm that the file plays / streams in MPC although I seem to get a few sparkly blocks
    through the picture. Maybe it is down to a codec issue with my setup or some other reason though.

I'm sure there are plenty of others here that can check it out and let you know. I have played flv files
    ripped from the website before with no issues.

Here is the best i can do with a logo made up from website with paint. not sure if it complies with transparency
    that is required, but sure we have some paintshop experts here that can improve on this.

If you get this working, you will make a lot of us happy here in NZ.

Thanks for spending time to look at this for us.

:D

DD:)

Attachments

• TVNZ.PNG
      TVNZ.PNG
      5.6 KB

digidog

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    a little better, trimming some of the grey away

Attachments

• TVNZ.PNG
      TVNZ.PNG
      4.8 KB

digidog

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Checked out the same episode and chapter directly through the TVNZ website it had the same sparkly white blocks
    flashing through it so it is a problem with that particular episode.

Other episodes and programs i checked were OK so the link you provided is playing fine.

:)

digidog

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    3rd time lucky. Here's a transparent one

Attachments

• TVNZ.PNG
      TVNZ.PNG
      4.9 KB

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    3rd time lucky. Here's a transparent one

I think I have something cooked up for you new-zealanders, although I must say the sitre is rather inconsistant. f.e. this doesn't always returns the same results.

Let me know if it's working allright, and if something is still missing.

Just auto-update and through "manage sites" add it to "my sites".

digidog

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi doskabouter,

The menu, listings and thumbnails are all working fine, but i cannot get the videos to play :(

After selecting a video, i just get the progress bar showing continuously and until i force MP closed.

Watching the error log, a few seconds after selecting the video this line appears.

2010-05-31 12:19:43.891000 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: [OnlineVideos]WMPVideoPlayer: Windows Media Player cannot find the file. If you are trying to play, burn, or sync an item that is in your library, the item might point to a file that has been moved, renamed, or deleted.

If it's easier for you, i can setup a VPN here for you for testing purposes.

Will be great to see this working as it's looking pretty good so far :)

Also noticed 1 small problem with the listings where there is more than one show with same name (e.g. Flash Forward & Flash Forward:Extras) These show up as double entries that go to the same thumbnails instead of the 2 different sections (e.g. Flash Forward & Flash Forward both go to the main Flash forward episodes instead of one going to extras section)

DD

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Same here, every thing is showing up... Man had no idea how much content was on this site... Can see all thumbnails and every thing.. Just doesn't play when I click on it, get the spinning circle of doom :)

Progress is looking very promising none the less..

mdsflyer

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2005
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Keeping an eye on this and fingers crossed

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Watching the error log, a few seconds after selecting the video this line appears.

2010-05-31 12:19:43.891000 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: [OnlineVideos]WMPVideoPlayer: Windows Media Player cannot find the file. If you are trying to play, burn, or sync an item that is in your library, the item might point to a file that has been moved, renamed, or deleted.

If it's easier for you, i can setup a VPN here for you for testing purposes.

Will be great to see this working as it's looking pretty good so far :)

Also noticed 1 small problem with the listings where there is more than one show with same name (e.g. Flash Forward & Flash Forward:Extras) These show up as double entries that go to the same thumbnails instead of the 2 different sections (e.g. Flash Forward & Flash Forward both go to the main Flash forward episodes instead of one going to extras section)

DD

Here it runs fine as it uses the internal player instead of wmp.
    The strange thing I see in this logline is that onlinevideos wants to use wmp as player, instead of the internal one.
    As wmp isn't able to play flv-files I can imagine that things aren't working.

So if someone is able to post a full log here I can have a look at it.
    About the duplicates: these are fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom