TVNZ On Demand (please help :)) (1 Viewer)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Doskabouter,

iSky is an online streaming service provided by Sky New Zealand. It is similar in style to other online content providers and uses Flashplayer currently to play the content. However as with all services of this nature, it is Geolocked to NZ.

I guess what Slake is asking is whether iSky could be added to the list of online content. I'd certainly be interested in that and can provide details if required.

Not only geolocked, but also restricted to accounts. I did create one (free ofcourse) and I get a "Sorry, this program is only available to SKY BasicSubscribers." when I'm trying to watch something.

And it seems my NewZealand VPN is down (incorrect username/password), perhaps @eeknz thought I'd used enough of his bandwidth :)

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes it is however I have a full account which I could let you use for this purpose as long as you can secure VPN access (my internet upload is too slow to support VPNs).

Edwood

Portal Pro
    September 16, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi guys, i've recently installed Online Videos and tried to get it working with TVNZ On Demand & Tv3/Mediaworks.

I can watch CNN / YouTube / etc, but no joy with the NZ content (I live in NZ).

Is it me & my config? Or this now in the too hard basket?

TVNZOnDemand
    - Tried numerous (7-10) videos
    - tried various categories.
    Always the same error when trying to play
    Error: Unable to play video. No URL.

TV3NZ
    - Tried various "sources" ie. encoding qualities.
    - tried 5-6 different videos - news, series, etc...
    Always the same error when trying to play:
    Error starting playback
    NoDataAvailable

Is there a way I can get this to work?

Thanks!

Edwood

Portal Pro
    September 16, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Oh well, thanks for trying :).

I dont really know anything about xmbc, but a quick google didn't give me anything conclusive about wether they had it sorted for TV online media or not... i'm guessing they are in a similar boat.

I had a very quick play with your BrowseTheWeb pluggin as an alternative, but it wasn't really doing it for me.

I'll monitor this thread in the hope that something happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom