TVplugin - avoiding RTSP in multiseat mode (test plz). (1 Viewer)

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Was able to fix most of the instability. However, I seem to get stutters at somewhat regular intervals. Maybe it has to do with number of files used for timeshiftingc I assume the MP client has to switch between the sequential timeshift files...

Yes that's what I think... TSreader opening files on remote server is taking time, so when is in timeshifting and the file is change.. some times there is a litle pause.. If I see a recorded show of the same channel... There is no pause during all show

Iosu

so i assume you see the same behaviour? Other than this regular interval pause it seems to be working quite well. I upgraded my decoders and my instability issues seem to have been resolved. When I get home I'll try changing the timeshift file to 1 and large and see if there's any regular interval stutters.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Was able to fix most of the instability. However, I seem to get stutters at somewhat regular intervals. Maybe it has to do with number of files used for timeshiftingc I assume the MP client has to switch between the sequential timeshift files...

Yes that's what I think... TSreader opening files on remote server is taking time, so when is in timeshifting and the file is change.. some times there is a litle pause.. If I see a recorded show of the same channel... There is no pause during all show

Iosu

so i assume you see the same behaviour? Other than this regular interval pause it seems to be working quite well. I upgraded my decoders and my instability issues seem to have been resolved. When I get home I'll try changing the timeshift file to 1 and large and see if there's any regular interval stutters.

Using only one TS file is causing issues (TsWriter cannot reuse the file when TsReader is using it). This is already blocked in latest SVN version (last Friday) in the setuptv.exe.

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian

Iosu

Using only one TS file is causing issues (TsWriter cannot reuse the file when TsReader is using it). This is already blocked in latest SVN version (last Friday) in the setuptv.exe.

Remember Tourettes, that during "No responce on vista" I told you that Tsreader was taking more that 1 sec to open a remote file "r:\xxxx.ts" I think that is the problem with timeshifting.. when moving to next file it makes a small "gitch-pause" ..... It will be great if you can try to speed up this.. maybe if opening as read-only no exclusive??? I don't know if that can be possible...

Iosu

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Remember Tourettes, that during "No responce on vista" I told you that Tsreader was taking more that 1 sec to open a remote file "r:\xxxx.ts" I think that is the problem with timeshifting.. when moving to next file it makes a small "gitch-pause" ..... It will be great if you can try to speed up this.. maybe if opening as read-only no exclusive??? I don't know if that can be possible...

Iosu

or preload the next file and prebuffer it before the end of the current file if possible, i guess might be a little difficult to do since there's only a slight delay between where the clients reading and tswriter is writing the file.

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian

Iosu

ummmm
    so this excenario:
    1.- Go to guide and start a recording in a channel
    2.- Go to myRecorings and open the recording
    them? there are no pause at all, and I think there is no timeshifting..because if I go to setuptv on "manual control" I just see the card " recording"
    so Tsreader and Tswriter is using the same file¿?¿¿¿

In this other excenario
    2.- select on the guide the same channel, I get asking "from the begining of record or Live Point"
    3.- Select Livepoint
    Again no pause at all, if I go to setuptv on "manual control" I see the TWO cards one " recording" and the other "timeshifting"

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Iosu

or preload the next file and prebuffer it before the end of the current file if possible, i guess might be a little difficult to do since there's only a slight delay between where the clients reading and tswriter is writing the file.

Remember that this is not officially supported way, so most likeky fixing TsReader is not going happen (unless everything else in MP gets fixed and devs get really bored :)).

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    ummmm
    so this excenario:
    2.- Go to myRecorings and open the recording
    them? there are no pause at all, and I think there is no timeshifting..because if I go to setuptv on "manual control" I just see the card " recording"
    so Tsreader and Tswriter is using the same file¿?¿¿¿

Of cource they are using the same file. How the timeshifting in single seat would otherwise work? The issue that I told is happening when TsWriter rolls from the last available .ts buffer to the first (and already used once). In this case TsReader could be still locking the file and TsWriter cannot record to this as it could cause the data to be corrupted (from TsReaders point of view).

Now with only one buffer available TsReader is always using the same file as TsWriter and TsWriter cannot start from the beginning of the first file (this is more a design issue on the timeshifting buffer handling side... coud be fixed, but not easialy).

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Remember that this is not officially supported way, so most likeky fixing TsReader is not going happen (unless everything else in MP gets fixed and devs get really bored :)).

Yeah, I know not officially supported. It's too bad, definitely shows a lot of promise.

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian

That's because your developer group is close :p (just a Joke)

Iosu

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Now with only one buffer available TsReader is always using the same file as TsWriter and TsWriter cannot start from the beginning of the first file (this is more a design issue on the timeshifting buffer handling side... coud be fixed, but not easialy).

Would it be a possibility to keep using incremental filenames? So as an example:

timeshift0000.ts
    timeshift0001.ts
    timeshift0002.ts
    timeshift7406.ts
    timeshift7407.ts
    timeshift9999.ts
    timeshift0000.ts

So it would only wrap back to the first file after a VERY long time :)

Couple this with an automatic delete of older files and wouldn't this give you the best of both worlds?

So when you've set things up to use 2 timeshift files, and timeshift0010.ts starts recording then timeshift0008.ts can be deleted (if it's still locked by a player it can be deleted the moment it becomes free). So that leaves us with timeshift0009.ts and timeshift0010.ts. A little later things would move on to timeshift0010.ts and timeshift0011.ts. And so on...

I think this would be very doable and would be perfect for multiseat use where many players could be "connected" to the timeshift files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom