TVplugin - avoiding RTSP in multiseat mode (test plz). (1 Viewer)

cfforce

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Like i said in the previous post:

* Disabled autotuning.
    * Disabled SMB version2 (both server and clients; don't forget to reboot!)
    Code:
    HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters
    Code:
    Add Value name: Smb2
    Value type: REG_DWORD
    0 = disabled
    * Changed network properties (attachement)

That's all that i did,.

Attachments

• network.JPG
      network.JPG
      53.9 KB

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Somewhere along the road troubleshooting my stutters, I created a seperate partition for timeshifting as well as changed my timeshift file size to 25mb. Last night I changed it back to 256mb and the stutters came back, I forgot I had made that change and moved back to 25mb and it seems to have cured my stutters. I doubt this alone has fixed my problem as it's likely due to mutiple things.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK I've debugged a lot today and have studied the tsreader / tswriter / multifilereader, ... I think i've found the bug.

It happens everytime a new timeshift file comes into play. It is related to the tsbuffer file which stores the position and the file lists. Windows uses sometimes / often local or smb file cache instead of the actual real file. It is possible to clear the cache by closing the file handle of the tsbuffer File.

I've added a tsreader.ax file to this thread. Please try if this avoids the stuttering. For me this completely fixes the problem - watched now 3 hours no stuttering sometimes only 2 or 3 integrity errors which doesn't matter. I'm really happy now!!

Please report back. If it helps for you too i'll post the patch / diff.

IMPORTANT!!!:
    It will only fix the buffer integrity error. So before trying check if you have those errors in tsreader.log (Client). Also try using a small timeshift file size like 25MB or 50MB.

clintebb

Portal Pro
    October 8, 2008
    Home Country
    ill give it a go, thanks!!! im finding it akward having to use my videos to play recorded tv so that comskip works, and for some reason from within my videos it cant delete the files after ive watched them.. i click delete but they just stay there.. so i watch it there then either go into tv to delete them or open MP web interface and delete them there

so far so good... for your reference i have 1024mb timeshift files. i did that a while back so that the time between stutters was longer, but half hour now and no issues yet, i used to have it happen every 10 mins.

failed... after about 45 mins i now have constant stuttering. stopped and then started playing tv and its good again. for now..

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    clintebb
    oh i'm sorry my patch will only fix a problem while switching from one timeshift file to another. So if you've stuttering every 10 minutes with a 1GB file this must be another problem.

Try using a small size liek 50MB or 25MB for timeshifting. I had also problems with big timeshift files.

clintebb

Portal Pro
    October 8, 2008
    Home Country
    alright thanks.. been 20 mins since i changed file size to 50mb, been playing live tv, working so far

started stuttering after about 45 mins.. but it was still using 1024mb files. i stopped playback, deleted the timeshift files from the hard drive and started tv, 50mb files were created, and then within 1 min the tv started stuttering, seems like this hasnt fixed the problem on my system, to watch live tv i have now changed rtsp back to yes, but i am still keep on troubleshooting and trying to work out a solution for it so i dont have to use rtsp

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please download the latest .zip in my post and after the stuttering happens please post log tsreader.log

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom