TVplugin - avoiding RTSP in multiseat mode (test plz). (1 Viewer)

pnyberg

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Also, I can't set a timeshift filesize greater than 1024mb in the tv server config?

You can increase the size to any size you like by entering the size in the DB. In the table Settings you'll find "TimeShiftMaxFileSize".

thanks. sorry slightly OT for this thread but how do I do that? (i.e. what's the easiest app to use to edit the DB). I am not a database guy at all.
Ian

If you are using MS SQL Express; you'll need to install "SQL Server Mgmt Studio Express" - search download.microsoft.com for it (it is free). Then start it and open the DB (MpTvDB) look for the table "Settings" right-click and selecte "open table" - then you can scroll it in the right hand pane and just change the value for "TimeShiftMaxFileSize".

Hope that helps.

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    gibman,

I think SMB for Recorded shows seems to be causing mtn.exe to crash in the last two SVN's. When I goto Recorded TV, I get a mtn.exe crash error dialog and the following in the logs:

2009-04-03 16:59:49.125000 [Debug][PoolThread28]: Util: StdErr - mtn.exe: av_open_input_file //fileserver/media/Mediaportal Recordings/HD-American Idol - 818 FOXHE/HD-American Idol - 818 FOXHE - 2009-02-25_1.ts failed: -42
    2009-04-03 16:59:49.125000 [Warn.][PoolThread28]: Util: C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MovieThumbnailer\mtn.exe failed on condition: mtn.exe: av_open_input_file //fileserver/media/Mediaportal Recordings/HD-American Idol - 818 FOXHE/HD-American Idol - 818 FOXHE - 2009-02-25_1.ts failed: -42
    2009-04-03 16:59:49.234375 [Debug][PoolThread28]: Util: StdErr - mtn.exe: av_open_input_file \\fileserver\media\Mediaportal Recordings\HD-American Idol - 818 FOXHE\HD-American Idol - 818 FOXHE - 2009-02-25_1.ts failed: -42
    2009-04-03 16:59:49.234375 [Warn.][PoolThread28]: Util: C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MovieThumbnailer\mtn.exe failed on condition: mtn.exe: av_open_input_file \\fileserver\media\Mediaportal Recordings\HD-American Idol - 818 FOXHE\HD-American Idol - 818 FOXHE - 2009-02-25_1.ts failed: -42
    2009-04-03 16:59:49.234375 [Info.][PoolThread28]: VideoThumbCreator: mtn.exe has not been executed successfully with arguments: -D 8 -B 0 -E 0 -c 2 -r 2 -s 60 -t -i -w 0 -n -P "\\fileserver\media\Mediaportal Recordings\HD-American Idol - 818 FOXHE\HD-American Idol - 818 FOXHE - 2009-02-25_1.ts"
    2009-04-03 16:59:49.328125 [Debug][PoolThread28]: VideoThumbCreator: mtn.exe did not extract a thumbnail to: \\fileserver\media\Mediaportal Recordings\HD-American Idol - 818 FOXHE\HD-American Idol - 818 FOXHE - 2009-02-25_1_s.jpg
    2009-04-03 16:59:49.390625 [Info.][PoolThread28]: RecordedTV: No thumbnail created for - HD-American Idol - 818 FOXHE - 2009-02-25_1.ts

jhb

Portal Pro
    September 19, 2006
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have identified that 1.0.2 solved the last of the major RTSP problems I had, so now I'll go for RTSP anyway...

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I have identified that 1.0.2 solved the last of the major RTSP problems I had, so now I'll go for RTSP anyway...

Odd, as compared to 1.0.1 there should be only minor changes on TVE3 side, mainly bug fixes for new bugs that were introduced in 1.0.1.

jhb

Portal Pro
    September 19, 2006
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I think that my biggest problem had to do with the interaction between the MP client and Directx when running RTSP, see this thread:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...eo-rendering-one-my-clients-58679/#post417238

And the worst bug seemed to be timing related - new build gives new new timing, or the original bug could have been fixed?

I had the biggest problem only on one of my four clients...
    ...the main problem however looked similar to the HDTV problems some seem to have...

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Odd, as compared to 1.0.1 there should be only minor changes on TVE3 side, mainly bug fixes for new bugs that were introduced in 1.0.1.

Hi, usertsp = no is currently (version 1.0.2) for me the only way to get TV and Radio working. It did work in 1.0.1 with separate patches.
    Only downside currently is that myVolume plugin does not work any more?

regards,
    Ruud.

clintebb

Portal Pro
    October 8, 2008
    Home Country
    hey... did anything change in mediaportal 1.01?? i was using 1.0 and as mentioned earlier in the thread rtsp = no didnt work for me on live tv. it would completely freeze upon a new timeshift file and have to close mediaportal. i recently reinstalled my homeserver which is the server for tv server.. installed 1.0 had problems with rtsp = yes, tv would stop after 20 mins or so and have to restart tvservice. so i upgraded to 1.01, which fixed the issue with it stopping after 20 mins. and 2 days ago i made rtsp = no to allow comskip to work and tv has been working great since.. live tv seems to work fine... timeshift files are set to the defaults, i havent touched them. i really havent tweaked anything, normal MP install with rtsp set to no on the client. working perfectly :) loving it! so now i dont have to keep changing the mp file on the client to no for recorded tv and yes for live tv.. its great

naape

Portal Member
    December 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    wow, i'm amazed!
    this really did the trick speeding up channel change and removed that nasty 1-2 second stutter what was after channel change.
    recorded shows starting now much quicker and seeking is also from other world too!

i wonder why i haven't notice this neat trick before on forum. :D

SilenZZe

Portal Member
    June 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried these settings on my MP 1.0.1 today, and it seems to work perfectly.

I use MP as a standalone PC. I use the Microsoft Loopback Device for TV Server and DB Communication, because it encountered problem with my WLAN connection.

Avoiding RTSP speeds up channel switching by at least factor 3. Also Watching recordings start much faster.
    :D

jof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I have following situation:

I used MP on singleseat installation which is only connected to the LAN throgh WLAN. So I'm using also the Micrsoft Loopback Adapter and configured the Tv-Server to stream to this IP as I don't always have the WLAN connection running.

Now I want to add another client. The problem is, the stream doesn't work if I don't change the streaming IP to the WLAN IP.

Do I understand it right, that with this "hack" I can define the Loopback IP for the streaming IP and the multiseat client will still work over the WLAN Connection, because it uses the network share??

And is this still available with 1.1.0 Beta?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom