TVplugin - avoiding RTSP in multiseat mode (test plz). (2 Viewers)

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    disaster123's tsteader hack doesnt seem to work for me.

On TS buffer roll-over I have a quite long period of paused video, approx- 3-5secs, before it picks up.

I am using smb2-smb2 as both machines involved are win7 x64.

Funny thing is, new years eve, as I was watching the clock near 24.00 hrs it froze.
    It froze at 23.59 and 55 secs. ... The guests were baffled hehe.

I wasn't popular that evening :)

/gibman

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: TVplugin - avoiding RTSP in multiseat mode (test plz).

Gibman
    perhaps there is another Problem too but it should fix the problems described in mantis. Perhaps you should run a debug Version of tsreader it prints out a lot more informations

btw smb2 smb2 runs fine here

djspider

Portal Member
    February 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Here is a patches tsreader which should solve some problems i had and perhaps you had two.

1. stuttering while bufferfile changes
    2. slow / not opening of tsbuffer file with win7 server

tsreader and patches attached.

Replaced the TsReader on the MP client and it crashes when i start LiveTV. Should i replace on the client or on the server or on both?

erosco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Re: AW: TVplugin - avoiding RTSP in multiseat mode (test plz).

@tompa
    this is an old tsreader without NALU (incl. in latest SVN). You can use my MP build:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ional-features-you-need-here-they-come-48181/

which includes this "fix".

Disaster,

I can confirm that running non-rtsp with your latest release is quite stable. My problems were that I was using rtsp for live tv which is an ongoing issue.

Note my three machines are xp sp3 which I assume means SMB1.

Cheers
    erosco

jonm

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2009
    Wales
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Is it just me or is this broken in the latest SVN? It seems to be getting the path to recordings wrong, for me, e.g. if I try and play a recorded TV program I get this in the log:

2010-01-11 14:57:33.246426 [Info.][MPMain]: TSReaderPlayer play:Q:\tv\Top Gear 2009-12-27\Top Gear - Bolivia Special.ts radio:False

The file is actually in:

Q:\tv\BBC HD\Top Gear 2009-12-27

... so it's missed out the \BBC HD\ top level of the Q:\tv subdirectory.

Is this something I've mis-configured, or is it broken?

Thanks,

Jon.

FreeFrag

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I tested this (for the first time) yesterday using the latest SVN from 8th of January. I got it to work and I could watch TV on the client and no active stream where listed in the TV server configuration on the server. It's nice to see that skip steps (forward and backwards) were much more accurate and worked as good as when watching a mkv or likewise.

However I wonder a little about the requirements for smooth playback of live tv. I got a little studder from time to time. Not the same kind of studder as using RTSP but more like picture slowing down (very little) but still as much as it's noticeble as studder. After some time of watching when I brought up the time line I was a little behind the live tv stream and could actually skip forward like 15 sec.

I am on 100Mbit LAN using a cheap router but I have no problems watching 720p or 1080's MKV's.

Anyone else notice this kind of studder?

Thanks
    FreeFrag

EDIT. I forgot to mention that I am timeshifting using a RAMDisk.

nicx

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2006
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    FreeFrag: i have exactly the same problem when using the win7 included microsoft codec. if i am using the mpc codec its working without this "stuttering" (better: slowed down picture). could you test another video-codec?

nicx...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom