TVplugin - avoiding RTSP in multiseat mode (test plz). (1 Viewer)

FreeFrag

Portal Pro
May 7, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
@freefrag: i have exactly the same problem when using the win7 included microsoft codec. if i am using the mpc codec its working without this "stuttering" (better: slowed down picture). could you test another video-codec?

nicx...

Hi nicx,

I am always using latest SAF and I have tried both PVD9 and MPC codec. At the moment I have returned to using RSTP but I will try again.

Thanks
FreeFrag

nicx

Portal Pro
February 1, 2006
Stuttgart
Home Country
Germany Germany
hi,

i have another problem with this non-rtsp fix: i am recording movies and series to 2 different folders configured in the recording-section of tv-server:

movies: \\server\recordings\movies\%title%\%title%.ts
series: \\server\recordings\series\%title%\%title%.ts

if i set the recordingpath to \\server\recordings\ the movie and series files ar not found becaus its looking in the path \\server\recordings\%title%\%title%.ts

i need these 2 different folders because i use movingpictures for the movie folder and tvseries for the series with both automatically imports. this is only working correct if i use 2 different folders, otherwise the series are listed in movingpictures and otherway round ;)

what could i do to get this working?

nicx...

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Is it just me or is this broken in the latest SVN? It seems to be getting the path to recordings wrong, for me, e.g. if I try and play a recorded TV program I get this in the log:

2010-01-11 14:57:33.246426 [Info.][MPMain]: TSReaderPlayer play:Q:\tv\Top Gear 2009-12-27\Top Gear - Bolivia Special.ts radio:False

The file is actually in:

Q:\tv\BBC HD\Top Gear 2009-12-27

... so it's missed out the \BBC HD\ top level of the Q:\tv subdirectory.

Is this something I've mis-configured, or is it broken?

Thanks,

Jon.

Hey Jon,
    Did you ever get this resolved? I have the same issue... Interested in a fix.

Thanks,
    Wile E.

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Generally you should not define any specific UNC paths in mp config for recordings and timeshifting.
    The best you can do is to leave those text fields blank.
    And then share the root drives on your TV server.
    In your case the root drive where "\recordings\movies\%title%\%title%.ts" is located.

If you specify a path, then the code has to guess the correct path, which often fails, as u can see.

Bear in mind, that the recording entry in the database holds the LOCAL path to the file.
    This has to be transformed to a path on the clients. Meaning it has to transform them to working UNC paths.

If u define no folders as said above, then the task of the code is a lot simpler.
    It merely replaces it likes this:

G:\DVB-Capture\The Devil's Own - En fjende iblandt os - DR1 - 2010-02-04.ts

-->

\\server\G\DVB-Capture\The Devil's Own - En fjende iblandt os - DR1 - 2010-02-04.ts

As u can guess it's a lot harder when u have specified a UNC path.

/gibman

hi,

i have another problem with this non-rtsp fix: i am recording movies and series to 2 different folders configured in the recording-section of tv-server:

movies: \\server\recordings\movies\%title%\%title%.ts
    series: \\server\recordings\series\%title%\%title%.ts

if i set the recordingpath to \\server\recordings\ the movie and series files ar not found becaus its looking in the path \\server\recordings\%title%\%title%.ts

i need these 2 different folders because i use movingpictures for the movie folder and tvseries for the series with both automatically imports. this is only working correct if i use 2 different folders, otherwise the series are listed in movingpictures and otherway round ;)

what could i do to get this working?

nicx...

nicx

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2006
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi gibman,

just tested it with the actual svn. unfortunately its still not working :(

in the logfile i can see the path is now ok and with windows explorer i can navigate to this path and start a video file without any problems. but with mediaportal i just cant start any tv recordings... the client just hangs after clicking on one. in the logfile i only have this entry:

2010-02-09 09:01:59.325195 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: TvRecorded Play:\\Server\D\shares\TV-Aufzeichnungen\Filme\Beim ersten Mal\Beim ersten Mal.ts - using rtsp mode:False

i can delete a recording in the tv-menu, live tv is working fine, too. i only cant play any recording using rtsp=no

nicx...

cics

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 30, 2007
    Drammen
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    hi gibman,

just tested it with the actual svn. unfortunately its still not working :(

in the logfile i can see the path is now ok and with windows explorer i can navigate to this path and start a video file without any problems. but with mediaportal i just cant start any tv recordings... the client just hangs after clicking on one. in the logfile i only have this entry:

2010-02-09 09:01:59.325195 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: TvRecorded Play:\\Server\D\shares\TV-Aufzeichnungen\Filme\Beim ersten Mal\Beim ersten Mal.ts - using rtsp mode:False

i can delete a recording in the tv-menu, live tv is working fine, too. i only cant play any recording using rtsp=no

nicx...

For me, this feature has been broken since (at least) last two SVN; You can't watch recorded TV.

No big deal for me, I mapped the recorded tv folder to My Movies and watch it from there.

jonm

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2009
    Wales
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Is this feature supposed to still work in the RC1 release? It doesn't seem to be working for me. I can see from the log that MP is trying to open the rtsp stream, and failing :(

So for me, multiseat is now broken again as I could never get rtsp to work, for some reason :(

Ignore me, I had hosed up the config file. Working fine now. Ahem :)

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Anyone able to shed a little more light on this? In the first post it mentions to download a RAR file but none is found. There is a reference to it being in SVN, does that mean it's now included in 1.1 RC1?

Maybe someone could help out by posting some new instructions to getting this working on Rc1?

spitjo

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Udine
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Is possible to use this trick in mediaportal 1.0.2?
    Needed files are alredy included or i need to download them) (if yes, where can i find them?)
    I REALLY need this, i need everything that could make multiseat working good. Now i have A LOT of problems, i have to reboot the client and the server several times to have a tv client working.
    Please don't tell me to install 1.1 beta or rc, alredy tried it. In 1.1 multiseat is working better, but i have tons of problems on server side.
    Bye

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom