TVSeries Fanart not showing on BasicHome screen using Fanart Handler (1 Viewer)

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
They do have values. They are both pointing to C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\Skin Fanart\transparent.png. That doesn't look like the right file. The file does not exist in the Skin Fanart folder.

Ok, those values are being supplied by FH and the skin has no control over that, the next question is why FH doing this.

Something to check is the FH config - on the general tab the Minium Resolution for all Images is not set higher than the fanart images you have and also the widescreen option - normally set my min res to 1024x576 as some 1280x720 can be a pixel smaller in some cases.

Next to that maybe rename you FH DB and see if FH picks up te files clean from fresh.

Not sure what else to suggest, other than posting in the FH forum.

thx

Gfer

Portal Member
November 29, 2009
Didn't work, checked my FH config, set minimum resolution to 0x0, tried turning off wide images, nothing.

Interestingly though, when I renamed the FH database, I couldn't see any fan art for MovingPictures in the basichome menu.

EDIT: Ah, no wait, after browsing through the plugins, both MyTVSeries and Movingpicture's fanart is being displayed properly in the BasicHome menu. Renaming the database seems to work, for now. What might have caused the problem? Database corruption?

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
Didn't work, checked my FH config, set minimum resolution to 0x0, tried turning off wide images, nothing.

Interestingly though, when I renamed the FH database, I couldn't see any fan art for MovingPictures in the basichome menu.

EDIT: Ah, no wait, after browsing through the plugins, both MyTVSeries and Movingpicture's fanart is being displayed properly in the BasicHome menu. Renaming the database seems to work, for now. What might have caused the problem? Database corruption?

I would lean towards the shared DB setup, SQLite is a single user DB and I am not sure what impact having 2/3 seperate sources trying to update to the DB might be - that is a total guess though.

At least it is working which is good.

thx

Gfer

Portal Member
November 29, 2009
You know, I did have a client running at the same time I did a fresh install and import of MediaPortal and StreamedMP, maybe that caused the problem.

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
You know, I did have a client running at the same time I did a fresh install and import of MediaPortal and StreamedMP, maybe that caused the problem.

That might have had an impact, I would close MP on all clients for furture updates - there are times when plugins update are included and the new versions may do a DB update. Thinking about it they could some real issues there - if you update the master server and a DB update happens then you really have to do manual updates to all clients as starting up a client on an older version would open yourself up to DB version conflicts.

I used to run MP as you do now but switched to an overnight/manual sync of DB and Thumbs using robocopy scripts.

thx

mascot

Portal Pro
November 20, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Ive got the same issue at the moment. Fanart shows on some, but not all TV-series. I'm on mediaportal 1.6.0 with Fanart handler and streamedMP skin.

luci5r

Portal Pro
May 30, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm having the EXACT same issue as OP.

I recently switched to StreamedMP (Version 3.0.1.3461); running MediaPortal 1.9.0.
I have the "Enable Fanart Handler for this item" turned on; yet nothing shows up on HomeScreen. Just a black, empty background.

The Fanart Handler works just fine for MovingPictures; it's picking up & displaying Fanart on Home Screen.

I did notice that "TVSeries_Fanart" table in the "Fanarthandler.db3" database is empty. I'm not sure why. Is there a way to repopulate/rescan the fanart for TV Series?

I can't figure this one out.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Try delete your fanarthandler database and launch the config for it again (There might also be some config options in FH that you can try). If the table is empty that would most likely be the cause of nothing displayed on BasicHome.

Examine your logs after a fresh db / config tweak and check if there are any errors/warnings if you continue to see nothing in the table.

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Could be a little bit off topic, but for multiple seats, have you tried this plugin?

luci5r

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Try delete your fanarthandler database and launch the config for it again (There might also be some config options in FH that you can try). If the table is empty that would most likely be the cause of nothing displayed on BasicHome.

Examine your logs after a fresh db / config tweak and check if there are any errors/warnings if you continue to see nothing in the table.

Thanks for the response.

I did just that. Deleted the FanartHandler.db3 database completely; launched the FanartHandler Config - although I have to say I didn't really see anything in the FH Config; not even a way for it to re-scrape fan art or really do anything. Most options look like they are related to Music fanart. There is nothing specific to TV Series fanart.

Either way, after closing the FH Config; I relaunched MediaPortal. Exact same scenario; nothing on TV Series but working for Movies.

Again, I opened up the newly created FanartHandler.db3 and once again the TVSeries_Fanart table is empty. Other tables have something in them.

Which logs do you want me to take a look at? Are there fanarthandler related logs?

EDIT:
    One other thing I'm trying to figure out is exactly where should the TVSeries Fanart images be located on my system. I do have a folder called "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\MPTVSeriesBanners" which is full of images; but other then that I don't see any folder on my system that has anything to do with images for the TV Series. Is that the folder FH looks for fanart images for TV Series?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom