TVSeries removes episodes from database (1 Viewer)

kjarrig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    Hi,
    I can't the solution to this problem. I don't see anything in the log. After some time, TVSeries removes the same episodes from the db. Some are marked viewed, another not. This happens again and again, after a few days or few weeks. Can't find any pattern in this behavior. I feel that this started to happen after I upgraded from Win7 to Win8. Win8 puts the HTPC to sleep, and I feel after the wakening, MP behaves strangley But that can be nonsense. I'm running MP 1.8 final release and MP TVSeries v4.1.0.02089.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @kjarrig, so disable the sleep settings, as they are most likely the cause on your configuration. Pin-point is down to the exact source, not only as a temporary work-around to prevent you from going insane, but to also help the developers narrow down the needle in the very large haystack.

rrraf

Portal Member
    October 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    i also experienced some strange episodes removal from TV Series. after looking at the TVSeriesDatabase4, i noticed in the "local_episodes" table that some entries had "OriginalComposite" values set to NULL. these episodes were then ignored from results and search. i have no idea why these data were corrupt but i recently had many corrupt database with TV Series... as witnessed in another post:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/2nd-time-corrupt-database-issue-in-a-month.126586/

kjarrig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    After disableing sleep settings, and keeping the HTPC on, it looked good, but now it happened again. After looking through the log, I saw that every episode was deleteted and imported again. Following is the log. Can't figure out what is happening. The deleting started around 7:40 on 27th Oc t.

kjarrig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    Is it normal that TV-series deleted all episodes and import them again?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Could you post full logs, particularly the mediaportal.log in debug mode please? This should include the time of the incident. You may use the watchdog to collect full logs and upload the zip that you will then find on your desktop.

Database entry deletions following a resume from standby indicate that your movie/series repository is not accessible. With PCs getting faster and faster this is now becoming quite common. Very speculative without logs.

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    TVSeries checks if the volume is available, if it is it then it checks if the files are still on the volume...only then it will remove them if they no longer exist.

It won't remove them simply because it's not available, they will just be marked as unavailable until the volume is ready.

kjarrig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    I forgot to mention that the files are on another machine. Silly me, sorry. What do you by volume? Could it be that it loses connection to server, can't find the files, removes the files, and get the connection again, and starts importing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom