[confirm] TvServer while scanning doesn't add new IPTV channels (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    MediaPortal Version: 1.1.7.27831
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue3wide
    Windows Version: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1
    CPU Type: Intel Core 2 E6600
    HDD: 2x WD WD3200YS, 320 GB
    Memory: 2x 1024 MB, Kingston
    Motherboard: Foxconn P9657AA-8KS2H
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS
    Video Card Driver: 257.21
    Sound Card: Realtek, HDA
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver: 6.1.7600.16385, Microsoft
    1. TV Card:
    1. TV Card Type:
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: MPC - MPEG2 Video Decoder (Gabest)
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow Audio Decoder
    h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow DXVA Video Decoder
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case:
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote:
    TV:
    TV - HTPC Connection:

I downloaded MP (SVN 27831), compiled and installed MP and TvService. I replaced MPIPTVSource.ax file in TvServer install folder with attached file (because MPIPTVSource.ax provided with TvServer is not working correctly, just look in thread https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/television-mytv-frontend-tv-server-90/iptv-dvb-ip-mediaportal-support-http-rtp-udp-93708/). I copied test.m3u file (attached in test.zip) to TvServer TuningParameters\dvbip folder. I started TvService and TV-Server Configuration tool. I selected DVB-IP MediaPortal IPTV Source Filter and from Service combobox I selected test. I pressed Scan for channels and wait. After scanning I closed TV-Server Configuration tool and stopped TvService.

TV-Server Configuration tool wrote than channel is without signal. But in logs is different information. From MPIPTVSource.log can be read, that data were flowing, TsWriter log has information that something was found and same information is in tv log.

In MP 1.1.3 with same MPIPTVSource.ax and test.m3u as attached works scanning without any problems.

Attachments

• MPIPTVSource.zip
      29.7 KB
    • test.zip
      177 bytes

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Did you build the directshow filters or just mp / tvserver ?

Probably no, I execute "MSBUILD_Rebuild_Release_MediaPortal.bat" file and "MSBUILD_Rebuild_Release_TVServer_Client.bat" file.

Did you install VC 2010 dist before installing the SVN?

Download details: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)

If not. Install the VC 2010 dist and reinstall SVN.

regards
    Jacob

I installed VS 2008 and VS 2010, so Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable and Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable are installed.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    OK I did read some of the other thread but I am slightly confused. Are you reporting that the existing DVB-IP code that is in SVN is broken or are you reporting that your version of the DVB-IP filter is not working?

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    The existing DVB-IP MediaPortal IPTV Source Filter (MPIPTVSource.ax) in current SVN is not working correctly, but problems are solved in thread https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/television-mytv-frontend-tv-server-90/iptv-dvb-ip-mediaportal-support-http-rtp-udp-93708/. The filter from my last post https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/736893-post130.html is working with MP 1.1.3 correctly and without any problems.

I'm reporting that scanning channels with new filter (it's attached in first post of this thread) is not working with SVN 27831 of TvServer.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm reporting that scanning channels with new filter (it's attached in first post of this thread) is not working with SVN 27831 of TvServer.
    So this is not a bug report? Presumably the DVB-IP filter in SVN is in the same state as the one in 1.1.3 (issues and all) ?

There have been lots of changes to both TV Service and Directshow filter side since 1.1. Does your filter need updating with these changes?

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    I think it's bug ... because new filter is working and posting data, in TsWriter.log is line that channel was found
    27-04-2011 22:13:06.789 0) p: s: onid: 0 tsid: 0 sid: 1 major: 0 minor: 0 freq: 0 type: 0 pmt:196e othermux:0 freeca:0 hasVideo:1 hasAudio:1
    and also in tv.log are lines that channel was found
    2011-04-27 22:12:46.786085 [(5)]: Scan: tuner locked:False signal:100 quality:100
    2011-04-27 22:13:06.793898 [(5)]: Found Unknown: type:0 onid:0 tsid:0 sid:1 pmt:196E hasVideo:1 hasAudio:1
    2011-04-27 22:13:06.794875 [(5)]: Scan Got 1 from 1 channels

But this channel wasn't added to channel list (TV-Server Configuration wrote no-signal).

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Possibly found solution, patch attached. I inspired in old 1.1.2 code. When service type is unknown and if channel has video - just set DigitalVideo, if channel has only audio - just set DigitalAudio.

With this patch scanning works and MP plays channel.

Attachments

• ScanPatch.patch
      1.7 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi georgius

The reason for the problem is clear in the TV Server tv.log:

Found Unknown: type:0 onid:0 tsid:5F0B sid:1 pmt:42 hasVideo:1 hasAudio:1

TV Server does not add channels if it does not know that they are TV/radio channels. Type 0 is a DVB reserved type number that should not be used - for this reason TV Server does not recognise it as a TV or radio channel. Your patch works around this, but personally I don't like it. If you are using VLC to stream these channels then I suggest that you contact the VLC developers and ask them to fix this issue rather than adding the change to MediaPortal.

mm

[Edit: TV Server is meant to be compatible with the existing filter. The new filter may be very desirable for its new features, however until the updated filter is added to TV Server I think it is a little unfair to say that it is our bug.]

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom