[confirm] tvservice dying very often (1 Viewer)

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Having same problem here. Initial install of RC1 was ok for days on end..., but last couple of days TV Service has been locking up. Only remedy is to shutdown and restart server.
    I know i am using WHS and it is not supported, but WHS is likely not the cause... All has been ok until the last few days.

cheers

Logs attached.

dingo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 2, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hello again! As vvulture I also had a perfect system running for a while. Anyhow. I have replaced your file and still same problem same procedure. I start tvservice on server and then start tvfine on client. I can change channel and all is well. When I then stop tv with stop button and close mediaportal I am not able to start mediaportal again because tvservice has died.

New logs with system running the edited file attatched :)

- dingo

vgallego65

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hello I am also having the same kind of problem related here. I always had tvservice working properly but with new version rc1 is impossible to get it working.
    I have made a total fresh installation of mediaportal including a fresh installation of windows 7. I am about to drive me crazy.

logs attached.

ARE2

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Hi,

seems that I have similar problems in a multiseat environment.

Yesterday e.g. I was watching TV on a client (Single) and then stopped/turned TV of on it and in this moment TVService on server died an killed the whole machine that moment :( This happens quiet randomly, but I realised that turning of CI (Hauppauge) in tv server config (so no cam is used) and switching it of from usb/power seems to cure the problem!?

Will try to provide Logs later when I'm back at home.

Regards
    ARE2

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: tvservice dying very often

Hello again! As vvulture I also had a perfect system running for a while. Anyhow. I have replaced your file and still same problem same procedure. I start tvservice on server and then start tvfine on client. I can change channel and all is well. When I then stop tv with stop button and close mediaportal I am not able to start mediaportal again because tvservice has died.

New logs with system running the edited file attatched :)

- dingo

question: did you place the interface.dll also inside MediaPortal folder ?! (not only tvserver!)

strange thing that it crashes always after the TT callback. I've put this critical calls into a try/catch. please test this tvlibrary.

Attachments

• TVLibrary.zip
      30.6 KB

dingo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 2, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Yes I put it on both server and client. My server does not run mediaportal so I have no mediaportal folder there

vgallego65

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I have test both library dll posted without success. The same problem remain and tv works properly the first time and after exit from mediaportal the second time you attempt to start television mediaportal crashes.

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Just a quick note to say that I see to be having the same problems as noted above. If MP is left a while and I then go into the TV Guide and choose a channel it just locks up. I have to Ctrl+At+Del to get Task Manager up so I can reboot.

dingo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 2, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I have been testing alot now .. Havn't had a crash since installing this library, however for each time I start mediaportal again it adds 1,5sec before tuning channel on first tune. Other tunings is normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom