TVService (EPG grabbing when idle) preventing Standby (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
If you look at my second post, you'll see that I identified this as a fault in the EPG grabber. Disabling the part of MP that causes the problem isn't really a solution.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Is it possible to schedule EPG grabbing for a specific time, or was this just something that someone suggested? If it is possible, this might help.

At the end of the day, it is hard to tell whether this is a bug or not. The TV server is busy. You wouldn't want it going to sleep while someone was watching TV on a network client, or recording, and EPG grabbing is essential for the TV to work correctly.

Mark

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Is it possible to schedule EPG grabbing for a specific time, or was this just something that someone suggested? If it is possible, this might help.

At the end of the day, it is hard to tell whether this is a bug or not. The TV server is busy. You wouldn't want it going to sleep while someone was watching TV on a network client, or recording, and EPG grabbing is essential for the TV to work correctly.

Mark

I don't think there's an EPG scheduling feature yet. There seems to be several bugs anyway:

Doing "EPG update when idle" even when this is disabled.

Setting "Kernel Legacy Caller", preventing standby, when updating the EPG and not clearing it when EPG grabbing finishes.

NeefSimpel

June 9, 2009
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi all,

I just want to check what the status is on this I see the post saying "Confirm" but what does this mean?

Since MP 1.2.2 came out I have this issue, and I can confirm that the "Kernel Legacy Caller" is there. If I change the function "EPG grabbing while idle" It disappears. And the machine is going to standby again.

Would be nice to see this gets resolved. I managed to reinstall my HTPC already 2 time, before I figured out it was MP causing it. At first I was looking at system drivers.

Edwin

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Just bumping this. Would be nice to have it acknowledged as a bug at least, as it's never going to get fixed otherwise.

nimrodel50

Portal Pro
    February 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    this happens to me also, if I disable the epg when idle the computer goes to sleep normaly otherwise never goes to sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom