TVService not running error when launching TV Server config (1 Viewer)

snow-munki

Portal Member
January 11, 2009
still no joy and have reinstalled a few times.

I've attached the log file if anyone doesn't mind taking a quick look ?

Thanks.

Attachments

• tv.zip
    30.6 KB

snow-munki

Portal Member
January 11, 2009
Thanks, I do have TV Pack 2008 installed so it is a connection...

Is it easy to uninstall TV Pack as if Media Portal works I will no longer need to use MCE....

ugg

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Server 2008 64bit

I have just installed a new TV server on Server 2008 which is based on Vista 64 SP1. I have the same problem and have been comparing logs with you guys. To me that means its not the TV pack as I have not gone near that.

I would add that disabling my TT1501 under device manager solves the problem. Is it more to do with 64bit and the BDA drivers compatability with TV server.

It seems quite widespread and the common thread is Vista SP1 64bit. Many have TT1500 and some Fired but the same issue.

Can anyone out there confirm Vista 64 SP1 TV server working fine with a DVB-C TT1501 or a Fired DTV DVB-C. I have tried multiple drivers for the TT. I cannot submit a bug report as I am using W2008 server but those on Vista 64 SP1 might want to so we can gain some visability

I have been using XP SP3 on 4 machines for a long time now no issues like this show stopper.

:confused:

ugg

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Server 2008 64bit TV server working well

There are 17 DLL's missing from server 2008 that are present on Vista 64 pertaining to BDA drivers for our DVB cards. After copying them over, registering them and enabling the desktop experience it works. Actually you need to enable the desktop experience first to get WMP11 and install Media Portal.

Its an old dual processor 3.2 xeon and also running Exchange 2007 ...... all the other stuff a server does but wow what a difference over my old dual core XP 32bit TV server

Channel change for SD over the network is now 2-3 secs with a softcam.

I have a program to run to do all the file extraction and moving registering etc so if someone can tell me how I can upload it I would be more than happy

also the credit goes to someone on a microsoft forum for figuring this out...

firetux

Portal Member
    November 3, 2008
    Hi Ugg,

could you please post a complete list which DLL has to be copied from Vista to W2k8 and to which directory and how can I register a DLL?

Thanks!

firetux

GSteele

Portal Pro
    April 6, 2006
    32 Bit Vista with the same issue was fixed by the Local Host solution. Thanks MS for deciding everyone was using IPv6 or that there was a security risk in leaving the 127.0.0.1 entry. My install still had the IPv6 entry of ::0 but was missing the 127.0.0.1 entry for local host. Thanks for the solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom