"TvService not started" error when running TvServer configuration (1 Viewer)

n000b

Portal Member
March 18, 2009
Home Country
TV-Server Version: 1.0
MediaPortal Version: 1.0
MediaPortal Skin: Default
Windows Version: Windows Vista 64bit SP1
CPU Type: Intel C2D 2.4ghz
HDD:
Memory: 4gb
Motherboard:
Video Card: Ati 3650
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Asus U3100
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

I'm having some very strange problems with getting TV Server running!

The TV tuner I am using is the USB Asus U3100 with the latest drivers, and I have confirmed that it works in VMC on this computer.

I've just installed MediaPortal for the first time (everything on the one computer). I ran the TV Server configuration like I was told to but it did not detect my TV card. I thought I would try restarting my computer, at which point when I ran the configuration it said "TvService not started." I have tried re-installing twice, restarting a number of times and once it has started successfully and shown my TV card in the list, but I cannot repeat that and has gone back to telling me "TvService not started.".

I have attached my error log file. If someone could please tell me what is going wrong I would be very grateful, as MediaPortal looks like great software!

Win7

March 5, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Have you tried disabling the windows media center services? Because my tv-server acted the same way after i sucseeded ( not wanted ) to deny the system the access on the bda files! And another question is the tv-service started? Can you see it in the taskmanager?

mrkaras

Portal Pro
December 9, 2006
Home Country
I don't remember if this was shte same thing, but I seem to remember something allong the lines of mediaportal needing an ethernet connection connected to work and the workaround was to install a microsoft ethernert loopback adaptor to give you a virtual network connection. I don't have a link candy sory.

I have seen that problem _Lots_ of times, but not recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom