TVservice service doesn't start after update to 1.4: error 1067 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Django.edwards

Portal Pro
October 22, 2009
Eupen
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
@Peter2: don't ask me... I'm not a developer. :whistle: I think that the mepo-team is Aware of the Problem. But it Needs some time to get fixed. It should also be possible to update files that are in use (like Windows updates the System files, with a reboot) But as I said, I'm not a developer and I don't know how difficult this is.

@TvF: what is exectly your Problem? Do you have some logs to investigate further?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    And how do I fix this without uninstalling? I simply upgraded to the final (from 1.3.0 final, TVServer only) and now get this error when entering config.

Just run 2 separates package, it will upgrade your current installation :)

I have started to work on full installer for later MP version (it will be able to reinstall from it now, so no need to search separate installer :) but like i said it was not for 1.4.0 but it's a teaser lol)

TvF

Portal Member
    November 4, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @TvF: what is exectly your Problem? Do you have some logs to investigate further?

Sorry, didn't write that ...
    I have the second problem:
    Code:
    Failed to locate assembly 'log4net, Version=1.2.11.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=669e0ddf0bb1aa2a'
    Note that the configuration program must be executed from/reside in the MediaPortal folder, the execution will now end.
    SetupTV is working and can be used, except for the plugins section. There is no way to configure the installed & active plugins (e.g. XmlTv).

I run the TVServer standalone on a dedicated PC. No TVClient, no MediaPortal client installed.

Reinstalled the TVServer only (as suggested), but that didn't help either.

Last edited:

TvF

Portal Member
    November 4, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think that this is the Problem of an outdated plugin. Try to update all the installed plugins/Skin.

Should have thought of that myself :-( Uninstalled the only two non-standard plugins, MPExtended and LightsOutConnector. Now the message is gone and the plugin section works again.(y)

I also have to apologize: I unistalled both of them at the same time, so I can't even say which one it was. From the lack of similar bug reports I assume it's the less widely used LightsOutConnector (which didn't really work, anyway).

Django.edwards

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2009
    Eupen
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Glad to hear that you found it. (y)
    Yes, here the mpextended works fine, so I assume that is was the lightsoutconnector.

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thread closed by request.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom