TVTome Parser - Revived - now TV.com - Beta available (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

got it ... sort of

Thanks.

The good news ... Using F9 and TV TOME from the folder did get the information from TV Tome.

The bad news ... the information seems incomplete, in error, or currupted.

All of the Star Trek Enterprise epsiodes were found, but they all came back with the same title "Star Trek Enterprise". The episode number and title only appear in the "Description" field.

Also, the plot outline is "unknown" and the real plot description is in the "description" area.

In a number of cases, the "director" name had dropped the first letter. And, on the funny side, all the episodes are "Rated R for violence, language and some sexuality/nudity".

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Also got trouble using it.

I installed your tool. In configuration, the tvtome-option is available. But inside MP, now I can't use F3, F9 oder the right mouse button. It just nothing happens, when I press these buttons.

Any idea?

Cheers

Paloema

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    paloema:

you sure you installed it on the 1.2 release version and not using a csv version? should work

all:
    I'm kinda waiting for seppie for any news/updates, I think hes on holiday.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Uhh...that should be the problem. I installed latest cvs to get radio logos to work...

Hm, do i have to do a complete fresh install of mp, or is there any other way to get back to the clean version?

Thx for your reply.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    paloema said:
    Hm, do i have to do a complete fresh install of mp, or is there any other way to get back to the clean version?

I think thats the only option, unless you saved the original install (like I always do).

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    I wasn't this smart. I'm kind of a newbie to MP. But I think i will take this option.

THX for your support.

Paloema

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    For those of you who don't know yet, TVTome.com is down, it was bought and redirects now to TV.com. The old Database was used for this new site though, so at least the information is all still there.

So, what does this mean? Alot of the links are still the same basically, but with the redisign the whole html parser (what I would call the core-part of the plugin) is basically useless.

I'm not sure about the future of this plugin at this point, but I do know that I defenitly want it's features. I'm also busy with other project at this time, but when the haze has settle from them, I will try to correct the parser and get it to work with the new TV.com site.

Looks like no updates for a while now though. Pitty :-(

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Hey everyone,

With my other projects finished, I had some time now to work on this again and get it working with the new site (tv.com).

So I present to you, the new tv.com parser ;-)

Please note that this was almost rewritten from scratch, so some of the functionality that was already there might not be present anymore. I think though that I now have it at a point where it is ready for a first alpha release.

So, I need testers again please :) Thank you

Heres whats implemented so far:
    Guesses showname, season and episode from filename
    (supported formats: 1x01, s1e01, 101, 1001, etc.)
    Searches tv.com for showname
    Presents a list with results
    Downloads episode information (plot, correct title, rating, guest stars, air date, writer, director, regular stars)
    downloads further information for regular and guest stars (as with movies)
    downloads thumbnail (as with movies)

whats not implemented(yet):
    manual input of showname/season/ep in case guessing fails
    folders (yeah i know, working on that)
    skipping of search for repetitive shownames (we used mapping in the past for this)
    refresh from the info screen (this will cause an imdb lookup)
    redownload of guides in case episode is not listed yet
    Localization (naturally) most strings are hardcoded, except for the menu item

known problems:
    sometimes it just sits there at the first stage without doing anything. as far as I can tell, this is nothing that my code causes, I am unsure why this happens. Anybody got any ideas?
    slow with shows that have many episodes (eg. downloading guides for simpsons is going take some time (2+ minutes), only the first time though. I have some ideas on how to improve this, but all later.

Instructions:
    make sure you have 1.3 pre installed
    Download this file
    copy the windowsplugin.dll into your plugins\windows directory (make a backup of the old file)
    copy the strings.xml into your language\English directory
    Hit F9 on a video file and select TV.com Info

Last, here are some screenshots:

Highlight any TV Episode that has a compatible filename:
    tvcom1.jpg

Bring up the Menu (F9) and select TV.com Info
    tvcom2.jpg

After guessing the info from the filename, A search will now go out to tv.com...
    tvcom3.jpg

.... and results will be displayed
    tvcom4.jpg

After all is done, the familiar Info screen will be shown
    tvcom5.jpg

So please, I need people to test this. If you notice any erros, please paste the relevant content of Log/tvcomLog.txt along with your response.

Thank you all

Inker

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    New version available that fixes some bugs, and adds alot more functionality:

Manual Input - in case guessing doesnt work, you now have the chance to manually type in a format it understands
    mapping - automatic mapping of showname guesses to real shownames so that searching can be skipped altogether for similar files
    folders - in conjunction with the mapping features this works great, especially on folders with the same show. Simply call the function on the folder and it'll assign all the info automatically.

Note: I have disabled the actor/director information download for now. Personally I feel this takes too long and I don't really need it. I plan to make this configurable at a later release.

Download here

Thank you all

Boris

Portal Pro
    June 5, 2005
    France
    Have you implement the "threadpool.queueuserworkitem" ?
    If so, I will be happy if you can give me your source as an inspiration for the plugin I want to do. If not, excuse for the noise :)

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom