UK: Atlas shutting down Radio Times feed from June 16 & also stopping free access to MetaBroadcast (1 Viewer)

wjw

Portal Pro
July 13, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
OK, got some time now. Notepad++ does the business just fine (finds the lines using the wildcard approach and deletes). The series/episode data (at least, the somewhat limited mount that Schedules Direct carries) then show up in the guide after import.

I can create a macro in Notepad++ to repeat this - however, I can't see any way to run Notepad++ as a batch job from a command line with the name of a macro to execute. Is this possible? Or have I missed something glaringly obvious?

Or, of course, any other suggested text editors?

wjw

Portal Pro
July 13, 2008
Home Country
Instead I'd suggest a batch script that executes sed.

Thanks for the suggestion. Not a piece of software I'd heard of, but I think I've worked it out now.

I'm glad it wasn't just me misunderstanding Notepad++. I had simply assumed it would support command line usage and was struggling for too long to work out just how!

Again, thanks for your patience.

hucknallred

Portal Pro
February 21, 2012
Home Country
Well, atlas cut me off - never mind. I'm now trialing Schedules Direct. I've created my account, but for life of me I can't add a line up. It asks for a zip code, I put in a UK one & it present me with a choice of Canadian lineups! Am I missing a trick? Also, what's best to use with Argus? Argus Guide importer or MC2XML?
Thanks

hucknallred

Portal Pro
February 21, 2012
Home Country
OK, I log in to the SD site, click My account & then SD-DD Subscribed Lineups: Add a new lineup.
This presents the zip code form, every single one I tried including LisaG's just bring up the Canadian selection. My account is set to UK. Confused..
[DOUBLEPOST=1465667668][/DOUBLEPOST]Ah, the experimental importer...
Will have a go after the footy.

Last edited:

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    There does seem to be a limit to the amount of times you can change the channel line up in a 24 hour period. Maybe yours is stuck on Canada, but might be switchable to UK tmrw.

hucknallred

Portal Pro
    February 21, 2012
    Home Country
    There does seem to be a limit to the amount of times you can change the channel line up in a 24 hour period. Maybe yours is stuck on Canada, but might be switchable to UK tmrw.

Sorted on the importer now have my channels showing, didn't realise I needed version 6 on page 9 of the thread. Will look at what I get into Argus tomorrow.

hucknallred

Portal Pro
    February 21, 2012
    Home Country
    @lisag Got this SD/Argus Importer working fine now, I think they'll get my dollars & not Digiguide. Have you manged to automate it yet? I tried via command line with no success.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom