UK: Atlas shutting down Radio Times feed from June 16 & also stopping free access to MetaBroadcast (2 Viewers)

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Good. Yes, I agree that SD is better than Digiguide, but sadly neither are as good as Radio Times. I've not got mine set up yet, but I did do some testing and came up with this regarding automating (posted on the Argus forum):

After a lot of experimentation I discovered that changing the plug in folder name from JSONService to SchedulesDirectJSONService,
    Then adding these arguments to task scheduler, seemed to work!

"plugin=SchedulesDirectJSONService mode=quiet"

I think there may have been a bug in the original code to cause an error.

karl10247

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2011
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Just so you know i switched to SD the other day when my atlas died. Paid for the full year and there was very little tweaks i needed to do to mc2xml to download my daily xml file. Havent sorted out my channels.dat so its a large file. I imported the xml into MP and remapped my channels and it works well :) for day to day automation i have tasks setup in scheduler to run mc2xml and copy the xml to the MP import folder

hucknallred

Portal Pro
    February 21, 2012
    Home Country
    Good. Yes, I agree that SD is better than Digiguide, but sadly neither are as good as Radio Times. I've not got mine set up yet, but I did do some testing and came up with this regarding automating (posted on the Argus forum):

After a lot of experimentation I discovered that changing the plug in folder name from JSONService to SchedulesDirectJSONService,
    Then adding these arguments to task scheduler, seemed to work!

"plugin=SchedulesDirectJSONService mode=quiet"

I think there may have been a bug in the original code to cause an error.

Done it, I think what threw me was that when you run the task the importer window pops up, but nothing seems to be happening. But looking at the log in Argus Scheduler console it is there showing guide import.
    Edit -tried again, it isn't importing, the program sits there waiting for the import button to be pressed :(

Also, my Argus config has become a bit of a mess with all this various xml stuff going on, lots of random channels. Think I'll do a mass channel delete but keep the services, run an import that will recreate the channels, then just assign the services I need. Maybe.

Last edited:

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    I've not had a chance to set mine up properly yet, so can't give you 100% reassurance, but from what I remember when I was testing, if you use task scheduler to start the Argus Importer, then add the arguments quoted above, that means that the import will run without you having to press the import button. (I think).

hucknallred

Portal Pro
    February 21, 2012
    Home Country
    I've not had a chance to set mine up properly yet, so can't give you 100% reassurance, but from what I remember when I was testing, if you use task scheduler to start the Argus Importer, then add the arguments quoted above, that means that the import will run without you having to press the import button. (I think).

Yes, it worked, dollars on the way to SD.
    One thing I have noticed with OTA listings & SD though is "New: " before the title if it's a new episode, meaning I miss recordings as my schedules are set up as "begins with". I now have to go through & change them to "contains".

Robert Kulagowski

Schedules Direct Support
    August 31, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

Yes, it worked, dollars on the way to SD.
    One thing I have noticed with OTA listings & SD though is "New: " before the title if it's a new episode, meaning I miss recordings as my schedules are set up as "begins with". I now have to go through & change them to "contains".

Hi - when you're saying that "New" is appearing in the title; are you referring to Schedules Direct data? We don't do that; there's metadata in the response that indicates things like Premiere, or New, or that a program is in HD or UHDTV, but we don't put qualifiers directly into the text that is visible to users.

If you are seeing something like "New:" then please open a ticket at the Schedules Direct website so that we can investigate.

hucknallred

Portal Pro
    February 21, 2012
    Home Country
    Hi - when you're saying that "New" is appearing in the title; are you referring to Schedules Direct data? We don't do that; there's metadata in the response that indicates things like Premiere, or New, or that a program is in HD or UHDTV, but we don't put qualifiers directly into the text that is visible to users.

If you are seeing something like "New:" then please open a ticket at the Schedules Direct website so that we can investigate.

Hi

Thanks for the response, it turned out the NEW: was some old OTA EPG data still in there, due to me not mapping the SD data to the channel.
    It's all working now & you have my dollars :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    One thing I have noticed with OTA listings & SD though is "New: " before the title if it's a new episode, meaning I miss recordings as my schedules are set up as "begins with".
    Note some people actually want that type of thing. It's common to use the mc2xml "-a" switch. Hence one reason for not using the "official" XMLTV grabber.

karl10247

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2011
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    not to sidetrack this conversation but what is the easiest way to build an mc2xml.chl file to pull only the data for my favourite channels?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom