UK Digital Interactive - Red Button (MHEGPlugin) (1 Viewer)

kellizer2

Portal Member
December 3, 2006
Hey McGoober, any more screenshots you can share to wet the appetite?

McGoober

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 13, 2006
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Alright... Just for you kellizer2,

Here is one of my favourite shots (Not that I'm a big kid or anything). Also for the keen eyed of you, with "fixed font" (actually a big hack that doesn't work properly but looks ok) ;)

DSM-CC is coming on slowly, but surely.

Oh... Word wrapping still isn't working for anyone wondering why the text on the left is clipped.

McGoober

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 13, 2006
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    We now have DSM-CC working! Yay!.

I'll give you a quick overview on how the system will hang together.

The MPEG Transport Stream (The data stream that you get when your DVB card tunes to a channel) may contains a stream of DSM-CC messages. These messages contain bits of files that when assembled, gives a file structure for an interactive application. The MHEG Engine then starts up and attempts read a file called /a. If successful the app will be loaded and executed.

This will all be based on the new TVEngine and the integration progress is already steaming ahead. Currently we can get the DSM-CC messages from the MPEG stream, and they are being pushed into the DSM-CC implementation. Next step is to test the creation of the file structure and make API's available over the TVServer's remoting interface for the client app.

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Excellent work guys. I didn't expect to see any integration until after MP 0.3, but this is sounding very promising :)

McGoober

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 13, 2006
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    Sorry, I may have miss lead you a touch there with the integration. I meant that I'm integrating code into a private copy of the TVServer source rather than into MP SVN.

An ETA... Well I'm not sure it will be beta quality... but something should be working in say 4 weeks. This may need a few extremities crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom