UK-English Title Problem (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi, I set the debug mode on as shown above, and in the xml but I don't think it has given more info.

Sorry, you need to activate DEBUG verbosity log mode inside MediaPortal as well. That kicks in the main setting, and then the little green bug adds to that.

Any mistake in the options XML means the entire file gets ignored. That means UK ratings gets disabled and then the USA system kicks in. My guess was that the title detection system on the UK side was faulty, so you already confirmed that.

Still need that extended log file to actually fix it for UK :)

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi @RoChess, I see what you mean about the size of the log files now!

New log file attached. I cleared it out just before sending the movie back to the importer, and took a copy of the log just after it finished, so you should just have the relevant bits.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    so you should just have the relevant bits.

Ok, that took way longer then it should have, but I'm working on too many things at once.

It's actually pretty easy explanation. You do not have the option "Refresh all the Fields" enabled. That means title/actors/etc are skipped unless they are empty/missing. This option was designed to do a mass-update quicker on a very large collection when the only fields that update are certificate/votes/rating.

Should have never made that default to off in the very early starts, but at least this shows you have been a fan for a long time :cool:

Enable that setting, refresh movie and should be good to go.

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Oh yes, been a fan from the start (well a couple of years at least).

I tried your suggestion, and it worked! Thanks for looking into it.

Btw I remember talk a while back about integrating imdb+ into moving pics. I'm just curious to know if that's still in the pipeline?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @ibmonkey, glad it works.

And I don't think direct integration will ever happen. Actually plan to look into expansion for MyVideos as well when I get totally setup with v1.5 myself. Just easier to control IMDb+ when its a seperate plugin as well.

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi @RoChess
    old thread but hope you can still help. Not had any issues since this was previously sorted in 2013! I've just come across an issue with Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs which is being pulled through imdb+ as "Sneeuwwitje en de zeven dwergen" and i think it may be because on the AKA list there's one without a country name (second one on the list) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0029583/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_dt_dt#akas

Attached my options xml for reference.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Attachments

• Options IMDb+ Scraper.xml
      1.7 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    It has to do with the fact that IMDb.com wants to be super smart and detect you are from The Netherlands, and then make it impossible for me to determine if the title is English, Localized, Translated, or gibberish.

Will need to fully rewrite the whole IMDb+ engine on how it currently tries to be smart about what an English title is, but that is a major endeavor that I've been resisting to do for a while.

It will happen, and the upcoming cold winter days will assist in that, but for now please add those exceptions to your custom rename database.

Another solution would be to setup your HTPC to use a proxy or VPN that is USA based so that IMDb.com does not try to be smart.

PS: I'll look to see if I can just for the time being skip any <blank> entry on the AKA page, as those right now seem to be the big trouble makers.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @ibmonkey, try now with v4.9.69 -- I've restricted the last-resort (undefined) title match to US-scraped results only, so it should work for you. There are some rare foreign movies that might not translate now for you, but I'm just playing the odds game right now, and you can just add those to your custom rename dbase then if you encounter them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom