UK-English Title Problem | Page 4

Discussion in 'IMDb+' started by ibmonkey, December 11, 2011.

1. ibmonkey
    • Premium Supporter

ibmonkey MP Donator

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi @RoChess I've added a film called "Wristcutters: A Love Story" to my collection but imdb+ is picking it up as "Pizzeria Kamikaze".
    I've had a look at the imdb AKAs and this alternative title comes under the category of "World-wide (English title) (informal title)" could this be blacklisted?
    Thanks

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. RoChess
    • Premium Supporter

RoChess Extension Developer

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 2
    @ibmonkey, nice catch, added it to black list, and it should work now. Update to v4.9.23 and enjoy.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. ibmonkey
    • Premium Supporter

ibmonkey MP Donator

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Home Country:
    Worked a treat. Thanks!

5. ibmonkey
    • Premium Supporter

ibmonkey MP Donator

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Home Country:
    Hi again @RoChess I've just added a Korean film called "The Man from Nowhere", imdb+ is picking up the original title of "Ajeossi". Looking at imdb it seems the only English AKA is one labelled as "World-wide (English title)", will that cause issues to try and use this as I know previously you had blacklisted "World-wide (English title) (informal title)"?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1527788/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_dt_dt#akas

6. RoChess
    • Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 2
    Not a problem.

"World-wide (English title) (informal title)" == BLACK LISTED

"World-wide (English title)" == GOOD

So it should work fine. If not, then it means I gotta dig in and fix it :)

7. RoChess
    • Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 2
    I just imported the movie in my test environment, and it adds it as:

22-Sep-2013 20:35:42 Debug [ DataProviderManager]: UPDATE: Title='The Man from Nowhere (Ajeossi)', Provider='IMDb+', Version=4.9.24, Result=SUCCESS​

I turned on UK ratings and UK titles, but of course I can only test it from a USA IP, so for all I know it fails for you due to IMDb.com showing once again a different page for UK users. The only other explanation I can give for only giving you "Ajeossi" as a title, is if you force the "Original title" setting.

8. ibmonkey
    • Premium Supporter

ibmonkey MP Donator

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Home Country:
    Hi @RoChess I've made sure the plugins and the scraper are up to date. I've rescanned the file a few times from within MP gui and from Moving Pics config but it is always coming up as Ajeossi.
    Capture.PNG

I'll attach the movingpics log and my imdb+ options file (though I'm sure I've not changed many of the options) and also a screenshot of what I see on imdb.

Hope you don't mind taking a look :)

Attached Files:

9. RoChess
    • Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 2
    This goes pretty much automatic, so I knew that part was good :)

Not at all, but I need higher details in log file to know what is going on/wrong. There is a new option to IMDb+ now that you have to manually enable by editing the "Options IMDb+ Scraper.xml" file and adding:

<set id="19" name="global_options_debug_imdb_sources" value="true" />​

Or due to a bug I just noticed, turn "global_options_fix_missing_summary" to 'On', as it is the previous setting and when a value is lacking from XML file it re-uses last value (gotta love stumbling on new bugs)

And you need to enable scraper-debug mode (explanation at: http://code.google.com/p/imdbplus/wiki/WikiInstallScraper)

The resulting log file will then contain everything I need. Be sure to turn all the settings 'off' again after you are done testing. The log files are huge with this on, and I do not want you to experience any negative consequences from this. Plan to offer like a 'debug' option inside IMDb+ plugin, but need to work this out in more detail.

10. ibmonkey
    • Premium Supporter

ibmonkey MP Donator

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Home Country:
    Thanks @RoChess , I'll run through this when I get home

11. ibmonkey
    • Premium Supporter

ibmonkey MP Donator

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Home Country:
    Capture.PNG

Hi, I set the debug mode on as shown above, and in the xml but I don't think it has given more info.

It got a bit interesting as I mistakingly added a ? when adding in the extra (id="19") parameter in the xml file. This made the scraper WORK for this movie!
    If I take the question mark out, it doesn't work and reverts back to "Ajeossi".

I've added the log file, of when I scanned with the normal xml and then I changed the xml file with the ? character and scanned again. You can see it using the different titles.
    I've also attached the 2 versions of the xml file, so you can see what I mean.

I'm wondering if it because it is not reading the rest of the parameters after #19 correctly.

Attached Files:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!