UK-English Title Problem (1 Viewer)

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi @RoChess I've added a film called "Wristcutters: A Love Story" to my collection but imdb+ is picking it up as "Pizzeria Kamikaze".
    I've had a look at the imdb AKAs and this alternative title comes under the category of "World-wide (English title) (informal title)" could this be blacklisted?
    Thanks

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi again @RoChess I've just added a Korean film called "The Man from Nowhere", imdb+ is picking up the original title of "Ajeossi". Looking at imdb it seems the only English AKA is one labelled as "World-wide (English title)", will that cause issues to try and use this as I know previously you had blacklisted "World-wide (English title) (informal title)"?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1527788/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_dt_dt#akas

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Not a problem.

"World-wide (English title) (informal title)" == BLACK LISTED

"World-wide (English title)" == GOOD

So it should work fine. If not, then it means I gotta dig in and fix it :)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I just imported the movie in my test environment, and it adds it as:

22-Sep-2013 20:35:42 Debug [ DataProviderManager]: UPDATE: Title='The Man from Nowhere (Ajeossi)', Provider='IMDb+', Version=4.9.24, Result=SUCCESS​

I turned on UK ratings and UK titles, but of course I can only test it from a USA IP, so for all I know it fails for you due to IMDb.com showing once again a different page for UK users. The only other explanation I can give for only giving you "Ajeossi" as a title, is if you force the "Original title" setting.

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi @RoChess I've made sure the plugins and the scraper are up to date. I've rescanned the file a few times from within MP gui and from Moving Pics config but it is always coming up as Ajeossi.
    Capture.PNG

I'll attach the movingpics log and my imdb+ options file (though I'm sure I've not changed many of the options) and also a screenshot of what I see on imdb.

Hope you don't mind taking a look :)

Attachments

• imdb aka.PNG
      imdb aka.PNG
      18.8 KB
    • Options IMDb+ Scraper.xml
      1.7 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I've made sure the plugins and the scraper are up to date.

This goes pretty much automatic, so I knew that part was good :)

Hope you don't mind taking a look :)

Not at all, but I need higher details in log file to know what is going on/wrong. There is a new option to IMDb+ now that you have to manually enable by editing the "Options IMDb+ Scraper.xml" file and adding:

<set id="19" name="global_options_debug_imdb_sources" value="true" />​

Or due to a bug I just noticed, turn "global_options_fix_missing_summary" to 'On', as it is the previous setting and when a value is lacking from XML file it re-uses last value (gotta love stumbling on new bugs)

And you need to enable scraper-debug mode (explanation at: http://code.google.com/p/imdbplus/wiki/WikiInstallScraper)

The resulting log file will then contain everything I need. Be sure to turn all the settings 'off' again after you are done testing. The log files are huge with this on, and I do not want you to experience any negative consequences from this. Plan to offer like a 'debug' option inside IMDb+ plugin, but need to work this out in more detail.

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks @RoChess , I'll run through this when I get home

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Capture.PNG

Hi, I set the debug mode on as shown above, and in the xml but I don't think it has given more info.

It got a bit interesting as I mistakingly added a ? when adding in the extra (id="19") parameter in the xml file. This made the scraper WORK for this movie!
    If I take the question mark out, it doesn't work and reverts back to "Ajeossi".

I've added the log file, of when I scanned with the normal xml and then I changed the xml file with the ? character and scanned again. You can see it using the different titles.
    I've also attached the 2 versions of the xml file, so you can see what I mean.

I'm wondering if it because it is not reading the rest of the parameters after #19 correctly.

Attachments

• Options IMDb+ Scraper WORKING.xml
      1.8 KB
    • Options IMDb+ Scraper NOT WORKING.xml
      1.8 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom