UK Freeview DVB-T 700MHz clearance updates (2 Viewers)

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
September 5, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Remaining planned changes at transmitters for the 700MHz clearance programme have been postponed due to the Coronavirus situation. Clearance will resume once it is safe and operationally viable to do so.

On 22 June 2020, COM8 will shut down completely, see 22 Jun 2020 - Important channel broadcast changes | Freeview.

Contains changes for the following transmitters:
Current
Angus
Beacon Hill
Belmont
Bilsdale
Black Hill
Bluebell Hill
Brierley Hill
Bristol Illchester Crescent
Bristol Kings Weston
Bromsgrove
Brougher Mountain
Caldbeck
Caradon Hill
Carmel
Chatton
Chesterfield
Craigkelly
Crystal Palace
Darvel
Divis
Dover
Durris
Emley Moor
Fenham
Fenton
Ferryside (relay)
Guildford
Hannington
Heathfield
Hemel Hempstead
Huntshaw Cross
Idle
Ivybridge (relay)
Keighley
Kilvey Hill
Knockmore
Lark Stoke
Limavady
Llanddona
Long Mountain
Malvern
Mendip
Midhurst
Moel-y-Parc
Nottingham
Oliver's Mount
Oxford
Plympton
Pontop Pike
Redruth
Reigate
Ridge Hill
Rosneath
Rouncefall (relay)
Rowridge
Rumster Forest
Salisbury
Sandy Heath
Selkirk
Sheffield
Storeton (relay)
Sudbury
Sutton Coldfield
Tacolneston
Torosay
Tunbridge Wells
Waltham
Wenvoe
Whitehawk Hill
Winter Hill

Future
Q2 2020
22 April

Moel-y-Parc
Saddleworth
Storeton
Winter Hill

29 April
Caldbeck
Douglas
Kendal

Until these are included in MediaPortal, extract the zip and place the XML files in the following folder, overwriting any existing files:
"C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TuningParameters\dvbt" for MediaPortal 1
"C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\SlimTVCore\v3.0\TuningParameters\dvbt" for MediaPortal 2 (thanks @RVR)

Sources:
What is 700MHz clearance?
Clearance events in 2018
Previous clearance events 2019
Clearance events in 2019
Clearance events in 2020

Current changes from 12 February 2020 and future changes (with pre and post retune tuning details) up to 29 April 2020 are included in MediaPortal 1.24.

Attachments

• UK 700MHz 12 March 2020.zip
    36.5 KB
Last edited:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Q2 2018.zip contains changes for 18 April, 2 May,
    The definition for Rowridge for 2 May 2018 does not look correct -- it is identical to the definition for "current"! :confused:

I was looking at the revised MUXes a few days ago, and on 2 May 2018 Rowridge changes from:

24 27 21+ 25 22+ 28 31 56
    to:
    24 27 21+ 25 22+ 28 55 56

See: Coverage Checker - Detailed View

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    If someone could check these out, I'd appreciate it
    Now that I have looked more closely at the definitions for "current", I think that Rowridge is still wrong. There are two channels that have a tuning offset, but I think that the definition file has these offsets on the wrong channels. :(

My reading of the web site linked previously is that for Rowridge it is channels 21 and 22 that should have the offsets (474 MHz and 482 MHz), whereas the definition file has the offsets on channels 24 and 27 (498 MHz and 522 MHz). The definition for 2 May 2018 has the same errors. In contrast, the original definition file for MP 1.18 has the offsets on the correct channels (21 and 22).

These errors may not make a difference. Certainly, WMC would check all three frequencies around the center frequency when tuning, but I don't know whether TV Server does this. :unsure:

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2007
    Home Country
    When I was starting, I noticed that all of the files that I checked had the offset set to 167 for every mux so I ignored the field and just changed the frequencies. Some of the other tuning parameter files had missing or differently ordered multiplexes (from each other) or incorrect frequencies, rather than go through them one by one, I copied all of the channels from the DUK pdfs (in their order) and then converted them to frequencies in all of the files together. The only exception was Selkirk, where the pdf just listed the changed multiplex.

The two frequencies with offsets in my versions of Rowridge, change because their positions in the list change from the original, rather than anything linked to the frequency itself :oops:. I've scanned all of the UK tuning parameter files, Rowridge is the only one that contains offset 0 (from this update).

Certainly, WMC would check all three frequencies around the center frequency when tuning, but I don't know whether TV Server does this. :unsure:
    I've read that TV Server checks the centre first then the positive and negative offsets, which may be why the offset is set to 167 in the rest, whether it's needed or not. Hopefully someone will be able to confirm if there is a preferred method.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    I've scanned all of the UK tuning parameter files, Rowridge is the only one that contains offset 0
    Then presumably it does not matter. :unsure:

If "TV Server" checks all three frequencies around the central frequency, it will always find the correct frequency. However, if it does not, many UK users would be receiving channels that were slightly mistuned. Would this be apparent in the form of poorer reception? I don't know. Where are those "TV Server" experts when you need them! o_O

RVR

Portal Member
    May 9, 2016
    Home Country
    Jasmeet_181

Thanks for the help, used your recommendation and replaced the Hannington xml file. However, I still loose a load of channels. I have copied the output from the tuning.

Any new ideas please?

Regards
    RV

upload_2018-4-29_15-42-58.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-29_15-42-44.png
      upload_2018-4-29_15-42-44.png
      491.5 KB

RVR

Portal Member
    May 9, 2016
    Home Country
    Been playing and scanned All Regions and I now have all my channels back. In some instances I have two channels named the same one works whereas the other does not.

I guess there is something wrong with the Hannington Transmitter details in the XML file but I have no idea what.

Reagrds
    RV

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2007
    Home Country
    It looks like you didn't replace the xml file because your tuning details are still from the old one, perhaps the location is different for MP2. MP will find the channels on the moved multiplexes as new channels, you need to delete the old ones by yourself. You could use the import/export function to retain your scheduled recordings (export before deleting channels, import after the EPG data has loaded).

RVR

Portal Member
    May 9, 2016
    Home Country
    Jasmeet_181
    Found the location for Media Portal 2 which is here:
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\SlimTVCore\v3.0\TuningParameters\dvbt

Added the new UK.Hannington.xml file from the site and now it all seems to be working fine.

Thank you for all the help.

Regards
    RV

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom