UK TV & Radio Logos (1 Viewer)

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
September 5, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
@JJDoherty and anyone else using Saorview, I've separated the Saorview logos in to a different repository, as there were a few name conflicts and it makes it easier to import into the MP2 version of LogoManager. You'll need to replace your LogoManager.config file with this one.

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
September 5, 2007
Home Country
Just wanted to slightly hijack this thread to ask about the logo submission website
Do you want the logos in MP1 or 2? That website is only used for the MP2 version of LogoManager and the following applies:
The current Web is still in Testing. So expect data to be lost. Use it for testing and finding bugs, missing features - but don't put effort into uploading logos. For that create the older way mapping file still. (Which is what can be imported).

For MP1, I already have "UTV Ireland" for Sky and Saorview and "RTE2 HD" for Sky, is it "RTÉ2 HD" for Saorview then? I had thought that One and 2 didn't use HD in their names.

I did see the website submission for RTE2 HD a while ago and added it after changing the logo to the one from the repo (it should only be up to 190px, with the background removed). I'll do the same for UTV Ireland.

I believe that all Irish logos are in under the UK mappings. A change here to "UK & Ireland" would be nice.
It's not possible to mark them as being of two countries. The Sky channels are all in the UK repository, I think Sky Ireland only adds around 5 TV channels that aren't in the UK, so not worth maintaining separately either imo. I put the Saorview channels in to a separate Irish repository as some of the names conflict with those used for Freeview in Northern Ireland.

JJDoherty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2013
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Do you want the logos in MP1 or 2? That website is only used for the MP2 version of LogoManager and the following applies:
    The current Web is still in Testing. So expect data to be lost. Use it for testing and finding bugs, missing features - but don't put effort into uploading logos. For that create the older way mapping file still. (Which is what can be imported).

Having them in both MP1 and MP2 would be great. Thanks for that. Generally lack of research on my part, sorry.

For MP1, I already have "UTV Ireland" for Sky and Saorview and "RTE2 HD" for Sky, is it "RTÉ2 HD" for Saorview then? I had thought that One and 2 didn't use HD in their names.

Both RTÉ One and RTÉ 2 are broadcast in HD only on Saorview, while it is still SD on Sky and UPC for the time being. For channel naming purposes I think you are right, with the ending of the SD simulcast on Saorview, HD isn't included in the name of either RTÉ One or RTÉ 2 anymore.[/QUOTE]

I did see the website submission for RTE2 HD a while ago and added it after changing the logo to the one from the repo (it should only be up to 190px, with the background removed). I'll do the same for UTV Ireland.

Thanks for that.

It's not possible to mark them as being of two countries. The Sky channels are all in the UK repository, I think Sky Ireland only adds around 5 TV channels that aren't in the UK, so not worth maintaining separately either imo. I put the Saorview channels in to a separate Irish repository as some of the names conflict with those used for Freeview in Northern Ireland.

I was thinking of a change from "British" and "UK" to "British & Irish" and "UK & Ireland", if simple enough, would have been great. Having a separate "Irish" repository is much more thorough, thanks for that.

JJDoherty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2013
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Hey guys,

I seem to have spotted a mapping issue with the "Comedy Central" channel in the British pack. It's being assigned the "BBC Two" logo when I run LogoManager on my setup. As always, thanks and keep up the good work...

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2007
    Home Country
    I'm getting the correct logo and everything in the repo checks out, try clearing "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\LogoManager\sources\tv\British pack" to force LogoManager to download the logo again.

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    Not sure if its a regional thing (I'm in Hampshire) but noticed a few spelling differences for some of the channels today.

5STAR was named 5_
    5STAR + 1 was named 5_+1
    CBBC was named CBBC Channel

We're also missing logos for ITVBe, That's Solent, Drama, Channel 5 +24 and Pop +1 if theyre possible in the next update?

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom