Unable to connect to the TV server (1 Viewer)

Tolmor

Portal Member
December 29, 2006
Home Country
Norway Norway
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2.0, svn / 12.28.2006 / 20.02.Rev12400.exe

MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: Vista Enterprise
CPU Type: P4
HDD:
Memory:
Motherboard:
Motherboard Chipset:
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card:
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppage PVR150 MCE
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:

Hello.

I cannot get past this problem.

- Tried the latest versions of all software, TVserver, MP and so on, on multiple machines.

- Turned off firewall both on client and server. No firewall in the router between these machines.

- Can access the server from these machines with rdp, or "regular" shares without any problem.

- Have followed the Wiki exactly. Opened the SQL server for remote connections and startet all services.

- Applied Service Pack 2 for SQL server Express.

Both clients and server are running Vista Enterprise, user account control turned off. Have read about all of the threads here in the forum.

Anyone, i need HELP! :)

Regards, Morten

chenks

Portal Pro
May 22, 2006
Scotland
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
hmmm strange... it works OK with my installation of vista.

do you have Live OneCare installed ? as that also has a firewall built-in.

what did you enter when prompted to connect to the server ? IP address, UNC name ?

try installing MP client on the server PC and see if you can connect to the server from there. that will be a good test to see if it's network related or server related.

Tolmor

Portal Member
December 29, 2006
Home Country
Norway Norway
Yes, the client have the Live OneCare installed, but deactivated when I try to connect.

I use IP adress when prompted, same IP that works with RDP and shares.

Have tried to install the client on the server, but then i dont get prompted by server adress. Cant remember if the TV plugin worked, will try that again in about half an hour.. :)

Havent tried to wrap the executable in an .bat file and run as an administrator, my regular user should be one. Is this necessary?

Tolmor

Portal Member
December 29, 2006
Home Country
Norway Norway
This is from the clients configuration.log:

2006-12-28 23:40:58.367958 [Info.][Config Main]: TVHome:ctor
2006-12-28 23:40:58.372840 [Info.][Config Main]: ChannelNavigator::ctor()
2006-12-28 23:40:58.399206 [Info.][Config Main]: Remote control:master server :192.168.10.54
2006-12-28 23:40:58.410924 [Info.][Config Main]: ChannelNavigator::Reload()
2006-12-28 23:40:58.432407 [Info.][Config Main]: Exception :confused:ystem.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions

The IP address shown is my TVserver.

Is this part of the problem??

chenks

Portal Pro
May 22, 2006
Scotland
Home Country
looks like you have ports blocked or closed on either the client or server.

or the sql configuration is incorrect and you haven't allowed all incoming connections

Tolmor

Portal Member
December 29, 2006
Home Country
Norway Norway
Yes, but can not understand how... I've disabled the OneCare firewall on the client. Shows RED, not on. I've disabled the Trend Personal Firewall, shows RED, on the server. The two machines is connected through an Zyxel G2000 Wireless LAN unit, with 4 "wired" LAN ports. Client and server are plug into these. Theres is NO firewall, as far as I know, between these ports.

Tolmor

Portal Member
December 29, 2006
Home Country
Norway Norway
A little embarrassed I'll have to report that it was indeed the Windows Firewall on the server that was on.. I had shut down the Trend Firewall that was running, but missed to see that, in the process the Windows Firewall turned itself on and took over.

Thanx to all that answered and tried to help. Now all i have to figure out is how to turn on the firewalls and still have MEdiaportal working.. :)

chenks

Portal Pro
May 22, 2006
Scotland
Home Country
turn the firewalls on, but add mediaportal as an exception.
windows firewall you just add the program to the exceptions list.
don't know about trend as i've never used it, but suspect it will be a similar method.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom