[no Bug] Unable to continue playback via remote after switching to home (1 Viewer)

Hella

Portal Member
January 19, 2014
Home Country
Germany Germany
When switching to home while playing, the current video is displayed in a small window above the other menus. With the remote control I am not able to activate this window to continue fullscreen playback. I can move around the menu via the arrow buttons, I can move down to the shutdown menu, but I can not move up to the playback-window.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    On my MCE remote i use RED button to switch again on fullscreen, you surely have to configure a button for that.

Hella

Portal Member
    January 19, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    "Keep MediaPortal always on top" was deactivated, but the behaviour did not change after it was activated. As written I can move around the menu with my remote control, but I can not move up to the small playback window above.

Pressing the red button really worked, but thats not quite intuitive, moving the cursor up would be much more intuitive.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Does it do the same with all skin ?
    It's maybe an skin issue ?

Wiedmann

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Does it do the same with all skin ?
    It's maybe an skin issue ?
    It's not working with Titan (Extended).

You have to use the "X"-Key or the "ShowGui" Action (usually red button on remote). But in Home screen you can't select the preview window with the cursor keys or remote up/down.

Hella

Portal Member
    January 19, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Correct, I am using the default skin Titan.

The same behaviour exists also when playing music, watching tv or watching tv. The small preview window is showing in many screens but can not be selected with cursor up.

So can anyone please change this bug report to confirmed.

Wiedmann

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You have to use the "X"-Key
    Just made a test. "X" is only working for Video/TV, but not for Music/Radio. Don't know the key for Music/Radio.
    And selecting the preview with the mouse is also only working for Video/TV.

It's not a bug if it's intended behavior, and this is supposed to work like this.
    How can you think this is not a bug and is the normal behavior?
    I guess only a programmer can think this, but not an end user ;-) Especially this have worked in all versions before.

If you want it changed, best to request that in the Titan forum.
    That's not Titan specific. Also not working anymore in 1.6 with DefaultWide.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just made a test. "X" is only working for Video/TV, but not for Music/Radio. Don't know the key for Music/Radio.
    And selecting the preview with the mouse is also only working for Video/TV.
    X (red teletext) working fine here for Radio & Music

How can you think this is not a bug and is the normal behavior?
    I guess only a programmer can think this, but not an end user ;-) Especially this have worked in all versions before.
    Because, as far as i remember, it always worked like this. And i'm not a programmer ;)
    @ncoH @catavolt if you can comment on this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom