[no Bug] Unable to continue playback via remote after switching to home (1 Viewer)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Pressing the red button really worked, but thats not quite intuitive, moving the cursor up would be much more intuitive.
    There are some limitations in our skin engine, so the "return to full screen" is (and was always) the X on keyboard ("eXtend") and the red button on your remote, if mapped that way ;)
    The up button will normally show the topbar, and as we can´t define two links in one button, it has to stay as it is ;)

Wiedmann

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just made a test. "X" is only working for Video/TV, but not for Music/Radio.
    X (red teletext) working fine here for Radio & Music
    "X" Key is on the keyboard. Don't have a "red teletext" on my keyboard. Maybe you are using Remote? Have you tried it with a mouse?

There are some limitations in our skin engine, so the "return to full screen" is (and was always) the X on keyboard ("eXtend")
    But only for Video/TV. "X"-Key is not working for Music/Radio (got a black screen) . But remote "red button" is working for Music/Radio too. What's about the mouse?

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But only for Video/TV. "X"-Key is not working for Music/Radio (got a black screen) . But remote "red button" is working for Music/Radio too. What's about the mouse?
    With mouse you just hover over the video image and click - ready.
    The X in music will open the full screen visualization - if not enabled, you will have a black screen of course ;)

Wiedmann

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    With mouse you just hover over the video image and click - ready.
    The X in music will open the full screen visualization - if not enabled, you will have a black screen of course ;)
    Well, we are talking about the home screen (Default wide or Titan).
    • In home screen I can activate the Video/TV preview with "X"-Key or Mouse.
    • For Music/Radio only red button on remote brings me to "Now Playing".

• How can I activate the Music/Radio preview with on key one keyboard or mouse in home screen?
    • And why is it not the same as with Video/TV preview?

This is not intuitive and consistent...

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    How can I activate the Music/Radio preview with on key one keyboard or mouse in home screen?
    And why is it not the same as with Video/TV preview?
    So you are talking about going to the NowPlaying screen - that´s a total different issue than opening a full screen video/visualization!
    If you want to go to the NowPlaying screen (which is NOT A FULLSCREEN, but a normal screen), you have to go to music menu and click on NowPlaying.
    You could also map a keyboard/(remote button to do the same action.
    Read the Wiki about mapping ;)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If you want to go to the NowPlaying screen (which is NOT A FULLSCREEN, but a normal screen), you have to go to music menu and click on NowPlaying.
    Not in Titan. X works fine to toggle between GUI (playlist) & NowPlaying here. That is with visualisation disabled.

Wiedmann

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    "X" Key is on the keyboard. Don't have a "red teletext" on my keyboard. Maybe you are using Remote? Have you tried it with a mouse?
    X on keyboard == red teletext on remote.
    If it's the same, why did I have a different behavior on home screen?

How can I activate the Music/Radio preview with on key one keyboard or mouse in home screen?
    And why is it not the same as with Video/TV preview?
    So you are talking about going to the NowPlaying screen
    No. Maybe from the technical side, but I'm a dumb end user and want intuitive use this black box ;-)

• looking tv
      • going to the home screen shows me a tv preview (what's now playing on tv)
        • press red button on remote shows tv from preview in full screen
        • press x on keyboard shows tv from preview in full screen
    • listening radio
      • going to the home screen shows me a radio preview (what's now playing on radio)
        • press red button on remote shows radio from preview in now playing
        • press x on keyboard does nothing
    You see, there is no consistent behavior.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    press x on keyboard does nothing
    Start looking @ potential errors your logs. As i've stated above, the X works fine here.

Wiedmann

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    press x on keyboard does nothing
    Start looking @ potential errors your logs. As i've stated above, the X works fine here.
    Hm, while playing music, pressing keyboard "X" on home screen brings you to "now playing" (like pressing on red button)? I only have a black screen...

But apart from the keyboard. What's about the mouse. In Home I can click on the video preview, but not on the music preview.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom