[no Bug] Unable to continue playback via remote after switching to home (1 Viewer)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hm, while playing music, pressing keyboard "X" on home screen brings you to "now playing" (like pressing on red button)? I only have a black screen...
    Have you checked your settings? Either 1 of the 2 visualisation options enabled??

But apart from the keyboard. What's about the mouse. In Home I can click on the video preview, but not on the music preview.
    As Catavolt explained, there is a difference between Fullscreen Video or just NowPlaying.
    And about mouse, everything that works should be seen as a 'bonus' ;) a HTPC isn't meant to be controlled with a mouse.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...g_MediaPortal/01_Basics/03_Navigation/3_Mouse

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    a HTPC isn't meant to be controlled with a mouse.
    I have a different opinion about that:
    As there are a lot of HTPC keyboards on the market with a touchpad (normally much smaller than a normal keyboard), the use of mouse is paramount to all skins ;)

Wiedmann

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hm, while playing music, pressing keyboard "X" on home screen brings you to "now playing" (like pressing on red button)? I only have a black screen...
    Have you checked your settings? Either 1 of the 2 visualisation options enabled??
    Ok, that's a problem with my external music player. Shouldn't debug mode disable such extensions?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, that's a problem with my external music player. Shouldn't debug mode disable such extensions?
    visualisation isn't an extension, it's an option you can either turn on or off.
    You can find Extensions in the Plugin section of the Config.

Wiedmann

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    visualisation isn't an extension, it's an option you can either turn on or off.
    I know. I use an external music player plugin. And inside this plugin visualization is also disabled. If I disable this external music player plugin in Configuration, the X key is working.

Just the question, why is debug mode not disabling this plugin:
    MediaPortal - Debug Mode Shortcut --> Report a Bug to Team MediaPortal

Wiedmann

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just the question, why is debug mode not disabling this plugin:
    Because it´s not a plugin, but an EXTERNAL player.
    OK I have installed this external player with a mpe1 (a mediaportal plugin?). And can configure it in "Configuration - > Plugins." In the log it's listed as:
    | Loading external players plugins
    | found plugin FooBarPlugin

But it's not a plugin?

The word external means it is not part of MP (as plugins are). :p
    What I mean, it's not part of MP. The description for "Report a Bug to Team MediaPortal" is:
    If you choose this option, all installed plugins that are not part of the core MediaPortal install will be disabled,

And I have used Debug mode for my test, to have a default MediaPortal configuration. But this plugin/external player is still enabled.

Hella

Portal Member
    January 19, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Pressing the red button really worked, but thats not quite intuitive, moving the cursor up would be much more intuitive.
    There are some limitations in our skin engine, so the "return to full screen" is (and was always) the X on keyboard ("eXtend") and the red button on your remote, if mapped that way ;)
    The up button will normally show the topbar, and as we can´t define two links in one button, it has to stay as it is ;)

Thanks for your answer, but aren't there also 2 links defined for the down button?
    If the cursor is in the row "Music, TV, Videos" and I press down button, the cursor moves to the row "Radio, Pics, Misc". And if I press down again the cursor moves to the shutdown-menu.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No, as those are two different buttons "Music, TV, Videos" and "Radio, Pics, Misc".
    "Music, TV, Videos" has 1 down link, namely for "Radio, Pics, Misc", and "Radio, Pics, Misc" has another down link, namely to the shutdown options - so always only one down link ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom