Unable to play Recorded TV unless Live TV is watched first (1 Viewer)

Zepman

Portal Member
July 28, 2010
too bad I cannot reproduce and I'm a MiniDisplay user since the beginning...
Just had a thought, my dev machine is client to tv server on XP box. Looks from logs that OP is running single seat though.
That's strange, because I'm running a multi seat configuration. :confused:

In this case, the client is Windows 7 x64 and the server is XP-ish (2003 x64).

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Are you able to replicate if you force RTSP usage?
    Scrap that... just tried forcing UNC paths via debug options and still the same problem. (and I believe op is using UNC anwyay)

Only common thing here is multi-seat setup with Win7 x64 client and XP server.

Can only see this being a client side issue as there is nothing in server logs and client has connected to server ok as I can browse recorded programs and this is coming from database.

There aren't many options in TV config and I have swapped most of them to their opposite setting and still having issue so I don't think it is related to TV settings

Whilst doing a bit of research it did lead to an earlier thread from RC2
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-2-496/problem-playing-recorded-tv-rc2-80906/
    which has lots of info about this from earlier versions with all the same factors (Win7 x64 and Mini-Display) and looks like Arion had the issue too...

Using the core.dll Disaster123 provided in that thread works for me but I can not find any details as to what he actually changed in that DLL

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Using the core.dll Disaster123 provided in that thread works for me but I can not find any details as to what he actually changed in that DLL

It is just a debug build of the dll. He also tried a release build to see if it was a bad build but it didn't solve the issue. The main difference in a debug build is it is slower, which leads me to think it is a timing issue. The fact that enabling MiniDisplay causes it, points to that direction as well (as MiniDisplay is otherwise unrelated). One way MiniDisplay could affect graph building is by responding to property changes that occur during the start of playback (was the property handling optimization included in RC2?)

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Recently I found myself having this problem too, but unfortunately have not yet found what is causing it. :(

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I have same problem with W7 64 bit and MP 1.1.1. I use minidisplay plugin. Disabled the minidisplay plugin - the problem has gone.

One clue I can provide - I never had problems playing same TV .ts recordings through My Videos. If after successful playback in My Videos I go to My TV, I can also play the recordings there. But if I restart MP and attempt to play the recordings directly from My TV, I always get the "Unable to play" error message.

I never had a problem like this under Windows XP on same PC (MP 1.1.0 - I can't really use 1.1.1 on my XP boot because of another problem (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...do-you-want-use-run-program-87809/#post665591))

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I never had a problem like this under Windows XP on same PC (MP 1.1.0 - I can't really use 1.1.1 on my XP boot because of another problem (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...do-you-want-use-run-program-87809/#post665591))

The second issue is already in mantis and a patch is being tested internally by the team to ensure is resolves the issue and has no regression. The second issue is entirely unrelated to this thread's issue (which btw I also still have but have not yet found the root cause).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom