Unable to play....Video Codec AVC (1 Viewer)

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
February 10, 2012
Leeds
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Something has changed in my setup, and certain .MP4 files will play only audio.

Have looked at 'similar threads' and am not making much progress.

Any ideas please...I'm using 1.6.0....would logs be a good idea, but that process freezes at the Gathering TvServer log information if any....stage!!

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
February 10, 2012
Leeds
Home Country
OK....so now have some logs (Although debug mode fails with 'un-handled exception')
MP runs....but inconsistently. Sometimes screen attempts to flash while video is playing...
Often says there is a codec problem...but then succeeds in playing on 2nd or 3rd attempt.
Similarly when playing live TV .ts files.....I'm confused!!

I've attached logs from MP Config, and TV Server Config

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    [2014-02-09 13:54:58,544] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Utils: GetUsbHardDisks Error: Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.
    Running low on memory, or maybe an issue with a USB stick or HDD?

Recently also a few exceptions from WorldWeather.

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
    February 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    [2014-02-09 13:54:58,544] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Utils: GetUsbHardDisks Error: Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.
    Running low on memory, or maybe an issue with a USB stick or HDD?

Recently also a few exceptions from WorldWeather.

....have 28gb free on my C Drive!!....and 8gb ram....

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ....have 28gb free on my C Drive!!
    That isn't very much if using it for timeshifting. In any case, I was referring to memory (ie. RAM). The fact that you have 8 GB doesn't mean it can't all be used. Use task manager. It is possible something is leaking memory.

Fundamentally what I'm saying to you is that something in your system seems unhappy. You might have to do a bit of digging to figure out what it is.

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
    February 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    I have my O/s on a 128gb SSD...and Timeshifting is to another HDD....so hoping that's not the prob!

If memory is 'leaking'...how is that spotted in task manager please!?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have my O/s on a 128gb SSD...and Timeshifting is to another HDD....so hoping that's not the prob!
    Okay.

If memory is 'leaking'...how is that spotted in task manager please!?
    Tough question. It is somewhat instinctive, and you need to be somewhat familiar with your PC and the various processes that run on it.

Go to the processes tab. Click to show processes from all users. Sort by the memory column.

If overall memory usage (look at the bottom area/row - process count, CPU %, and memory %) is higher than you might normally expect and/or the processes using the most memory are using a disproportionate amount of memory for the job they do then be suspicious.

I can't tell you what normal overall memory usage is for your PC, but more than 1 or 2 GB would be suspicious to me... of course completely dependent on the version of Windows and the count and nature of processes that are running.
    I also can't tell you exactly what each process does and its normal range of memory usage. It is normal for software like MediaPortal or Photoshop to use more memory than notepad or calculator... but I can't put specific numbers on things.

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
    February 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    upload_2014-2-12_1-23-9.png

Screenshot with only Mediaportal running........screen randomly flashing what look to be rectangular/square shapes in combinations of bright primary colours.
    Anything stand out here as a potential problem????

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Screenshot with only Mediaportal running........
    Anything stand out here as a potential problem????
    No, not in terms of memory or CPU.

screen randomly flashing what look to be rectangular/square shapes in combinations of bright primary colours.
    I don't see this in your screenshot, but the description sounds like pixelation or corruption.

Maybe we should go back to basics here...
    Something has changed in my setup, and certain .MP4 files will play only audio.
    Did you install, update, uninstall or configure anything at the time the problem started?
    Does the problem only occur with MP4 files, or is it any video, live TV...?
    I take it the problem persists over system restarts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom