Unable to play x264 after upgrading to 0.2.3.0

Discussion in 'General Support' started by hifire, December 7, 2007.

1. hifire

hifire Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Playback was working fine before the upgrade. Here's the log

Thoughts and suggestions?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. espiman

espiman New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Spain Spain
    I have the same problem.

My log ...

Code (Text):
    1. 2007-12-08 01:38:41.224600 [ERROR][MPMain]: VideoPlayer9: Failed to render file -> vmr9
    2. 2007-12-08 01:38:41.988887 [ERROR][MPMain]: VideoPlayerVMR9: Exception while cleanuping DShow graph - Referencia a objeto no establecida como instancia de un objeto.    en System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(Object o)
    3.    en MediaPortal.Player.VideoPlayerVMR9.Cleanup()
    4. 2007-12-08 01:38:42.066876 [ERROR][MPMain]: PlaylistPlayer: *** unable to play - D:\Torrents\Surf's.Up.2007.BluRay.720p.x264.DUAL.By.HarmFul.mkv - skipping track!
    With Media Player Classic it works perfectly.

Thanks in advance.

4. uncertainty

uncertainty Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    I had the same issue performing an upgrade to 0.2.3.0 and any mkv file with embedded subtitles which played previously will not play. Check the mkv files you have referenced and see if they to have embedded text/subtitle files. Till a fix is available I've just remuxed the few mkv's that have trouble to remove the subtitles.

Edit: Just an update, I reinstalled vsfilter (subtitle filter) and now any mkv with subtitles plays fine with 0.2.3.0

5. Avigrace

Avigrace Portal Pro

Domain Administrator
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    England England
    I also have this problem, tried reinstalling coreAVC and Halli but still nothing.

6. Atarian

Atarian Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Same problem here. I tried removing the subtitles from the mkv, and the file actually opens, but it only plays the audio with a black screen.

7. riadmelb

riadmelb Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Home Country:
    I'm having the same problem, 1080p mkv files don't play.

riadmelb

8. espiman

espiman New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Spain Spain
    Thanks, this is the solution. Now plays OK. :D

9. wewantphil

wewantphil Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    reinstalling vsfilter did NOT fix the problem for me. I had to revert back to RC3 to get my mkv files to play again. Wish I knew more about mvk. ran the diag but didn't know how to interpret the results.

10. Atarian

Atarian Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    That fix didn't help me either.

11. hifire

hifire Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    This problem when combined with my amp suddenly insisting on using prologic for everything left me feeling desperate. As a result I spent a couple hours trying anything to fix this problem. Eventually I got it working.

I uninstalled everything related: ac3 filter, media portal, ffdshow, haali splitter, avc core and vsfilter. I made sure nothing played, not even xvid and mp3. I don't know if it was necessary but I unregistered the dshow filters for mpa and dscaler as well just to be thorough.

I reinstalled everything, leaving MP for last and deselected the dscaler/mpa options. Now I can play x264, but avi files with mp3 audio play with no sound. Arg :( Maybe I need dscaler and mpa to play videos with mp3 audio that play fine in wmp11. What a nightmare.

Edit: Nope, installing gabest mpa did not help. Still no mp3 audio.

Dunno why, but sound was muted. I pressed M trying while playing a video with mp3 sound in an attempt to figure out which button stopped playback, and voila, sound. MP is back! :)

Nope, that wasn't a double post. Even the mp forums are giving me a hard time!

Anyway, I got mp3 sound back by pressing M during playback, this unmuted the sound. Seems like an odd default setting but who am I to judge...? MP is now working properly again!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!