Unable to play x264 after upgrading to 0.2.3.0 (1 Viewer)

hifire

Portal Member
July 28, 2007
Playback was working fine before the upgrade. Here's the log

2007-12-07 15:46:29.375000 [ERROR][MPMain]: VideoPlayer9: Failed to render file -> vmr9
2007-12-07 15:46:29.687500 [ERROR][MPMain]: VideoPlayerVMR9: Exception while cleanuping DShow graph - Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(Object o)
at MediaPortal.Player.VideoPlayerVMR9.Cleanup()
2007-12-07 15:46:29.750000 [ERROR][MPMain]: PlaylistPlayer: *** unable to play - C:\Downloads\Stargate.DirCut.1994.BluRay.1080p.x264.DTS-ES-iLL.mkv - skipping track!

Thoughts and suggestions?

espiman

December 5, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
I have the same problem.

My log ...

Code:
2007-12-08 01:38:41.224600 [ERROR][MPMain]: VideoPlayer9: Failed to render file -> vmr9
2007-12-08 01:38:41.988887 [ERROR][MPMain]: VideoPlayerVMR9: Exception while cleanuping DShow graph - Referencia a objeto no establecida como instancia de un objeto.    en System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(Object o)
   en MediaPortal.Player.VideoPlayerVMR9.Cleanup()
2007-12-08 01:38:42.066876 [ERROR][MPMain]: PlaylistPlayer: *** unable to play - D:\Torrents\Surf's.Up.2007.BluRay.720p.x264.DUAL.By.HarmFul.mkv - skipping track!

With Media Player Classic it works perfectly.

Thanks in advance.

uncertainty

Portal Pro
September 29, 2007
NYC
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I had the same issue performing an upgrade to 0.2.3.0 and any mkv file with embedded subtitles which played previously will not play. Check the mkv files you have referenced and see if they to have embedded text/subtitle files. Till a fix is available I've just remuxed the few mkv's that have trouble to remove the subtitles.

Edit: Just an update, I reinstalled vsfilter (subtitle filter) and now any mkv with subtitles plays fine with 0.2.3.0

Atarian

Portal Member
November 26, 2007
Home Country
Same problem here. I tried removing the subtitles from the mkv, and the file actually opens, but it only plays the audio with a black screen.

espiman

December 5, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
I had the same issue performing an upgrade to 0.2.3.0 and any mkv file with embedded
Edit: Just an update, I reinstalled vsfilter (subtitle filter) and now any mkv with subtitles plays fine with 0.2.3.0

Thanks, this is the solution. Now plays OK. :D

wewantphil

Portal Member
October 29, 2007
reinstalling vsfilter did NOT fix the problem for me. I had to revert back to RC3 to get my mkv files to play again. Wish I knew more about mvk. ran the diag but didn't know how to interpret the results.

Atarian

Portal Member
November 26, 2007
Home Country
That fix didn't help me either.

hifire

Portal Member
July 28, 2007
This problem when combined with my amp suddenly insisting on using prologic for everything left me feeling desperate. As a result I spent a couple hours trying anything to fix this problem. Eventually I got it working.

I uninstalled everything related: ac3 filter, media portal, ffdshow, haali splitter, avc core and vsfilter. I made sure nothing played, not even xvid and mp3. I don't know if it was necessary but I unregistered the dshow filters for mpa and dscaler as well just to be thorough.

I reinstalled everything, leaving MP for last and deselected the dscaler/mpa options. Now I can play x264, but avi files with mp3 audio play with no sound. Arg :( Maybe I need dscaler and mpa to play videos with mp3 audio that play fine in wmp11. What a nightmare.

Edit: Nope, installing gabest mpa did not help. Still no mp3 audio.

Dunno why, but sound was muted. I pressed M trying while playing a video with mp3 sound in an attempt to figure out which button stopped playback, and voila, sound. MP is back! :)

Nope, that wasn't a double post. Even the mp forums are giving me a hard time!

Anyway, I got mp3 sound back by pressing M during playback, this unmuted the sound. Seems like an odd default setting but who am I to judge...? MP is now working properly again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom