"Unable to start graph" error during DVB-IP "Scan for Channels" operation (1 Viewer)

How to fix "Unable to start graph" error in DVB-IP 'Scan for Channels' operation?

• Fix setting

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Update encoders

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Alex, about TV Server Configuration not starting:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...figuration_Fails_To_Start_-_get_Cards()_error

About the earlier problem, you could try to:
    • increase the receive data timeout setting
    • ensure the plugin/filter is configured to use the correct network interface
    • change the URLs to (for example) udp://239.0.2.62:8208 instead of udp://@239.0.2.62:8208 (I don't know if this will help - I always get the source and local address around the wrong way)

alexandiz

Portal Member
    November 3, 2015
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Hello,
    The issue with TV Server Configuration not starting resolved using "Complete Reinstall" option in this flow:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...figuration_Fails_To_Start_-_get_Cards()_error.

The issue with "Unable to start graph" is not resolved yet. I performed the following steps:
    1. Complete reintstall of MP TV Server and MySQL (as described above including removal of all MySQL directories)
    2. Install extenstions: LAV filter
    3. Install extenstions & configure plugin (new timeouts): "MediaPortal IPTV Filter and Url Source Splitter" plugin (as described in https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ortal-url-source-splitter-iptv-filter.121165/). I configured bigger timeouts (see attached MediaPortalIptvFilterAndUrlSourceSplitter.rar)
    4. Checking previously installed coders and LAV filters using graphStudioNext (https://github.com/cplussharp/graph-studio-next)
    5. Updating MPIPTVSource.ini with new timeouts and error level settings (see attached - MPIPTVSource.rar)
    6. Disabling Firewall, Antivirus, Direct connection (not through router) of PC to network provider.
    7. Run tests for UDP - same failure occurs (see attached log_11_06_10_udp.rar)
    8. Run tests for RTP - same failure occurs (see attached log_11_06_11_rtp.rar)
    9. Run tests in "MediaPortal IPTV Filter and Url Source Splitter" plugin in 'Playlist Editor' loading same playlist and pressing on 'Filter URL' - failure occurs (see attached log_11_06_12_plugin.rar)
    10. As suggested above - I tried to :
    (1) increase the receive data timeout setting using the "MediaPortal IPTV Filter and Url Source Splitter" plugin and using the "MPIPTVSource.ini". Increased to 60sec
    (2) ensure the plugin/filter is configured to use the correct network interface - in "MediaPortal IPTV Filter and Url Source Splitter" plugin I checked both "System default" and "Lan Area Connection"
    (3) change the URLs from udp://@239.0.2.62:8208 to udp://239.0.2.62:8208

Please look at logs to see if you can find additional directions for solution.
    Please let me know if you need any additional info
    Thank you!
    Alex

Attachments

• MPIPTVSource.rar
      1.1 KB
    • MediaPortalIptvFilterAndUrlSourceSplitter.rar
      522 bytes
    • log_11_06_10_udp.rar
      62.7 KB
    • log_11_06_11_rtp.rar
      73.8 KB
    • log_11_06_12_plugin.rar
      13 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again Alex

2. Install extenstions: LAV filter
    Okay, but to be clear: this problem has nothing to do with codecs. The log files are showing that the stream is not received.

I configured bigger timeouts (see attached MediaPortalIptvFilterAndUrlSourceSplitter.rar)
    It seems that you didn't change the "receive data check interval", which I think is the most important/relevant setting.

5. Updating MPIPTVSource.ini with new timeouts and error level settings (see attached - MPIPTVSource.rar)
    These settings are not used after you install the URL source splitter.

The errors in the log file are the same - no data received.

Are you able to receive the streams with VLC?
    Can you please attach your m3u?

P.S. I assume that you know that you can only receive the IPTV services listed in TV Server configuration when you are a subscriber of the corresponding internet service provider.

alexandiz

Portal Member
    November 3, 2015
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Hello,
    - I changed now "receive data check interval" in MediaPortalIptvFilterAndUrlSourceSplitter.xml. No change.
    Please see attached xml.

- Attaching the m3u files that I am using (m3u.rar).

- Can you point me to how to configure streams using VLC?

- Regarding:
    I assume that you know that you can only receive the IPTV services listed in TV Server configuration when you are a subscriber of the corresponding internet service provider
    Do you mean subscription to my Internet Service Provider?

Thank you,
    Alex

Attachments

• MediaPortalIptvFilterAndUrlSourceSplitter.xml
      1.6 KB
    • m3u.rar
      520 bytes

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again

Attaching the m3u files that I am using (m3u.rar).
    It seems that you are creating your m3u by adding random channels from the other m3us. That will never work.

As I said in my previous post, you have subscribe to the internet service provider that provides the IPTV service (and usually also pay for the IPTV service) if you want to receive the channels. So, for example: if you wanted to receive YLE TV1, TV2 and MTV3 (which you copied from the Finland SSPNET m3u) you would need to be getting your internet connection from SSPNET (Lounea) and paying for their IPTV service.

Can you point me to how to configure streams using VLC?
    I think there's probably no point in explaining this now.

Do you mean subscription to my Internet Service Provider?
    Explained above.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    As @georgius always says what works in vlc generally should work in Mediaportal. So my question is this iptv playlist working in vlc?

alexandiz

Portal Member
    November 3, 2015
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Hello,
    Good news for server: I updated to attached playlist (alx_working.rar) and it worked.

Now I started to work on connecting the Client and Server.
    On Client and Server side I fixed the Gentle.config file to point to the correct IP address. See attached (Gentle.rar).

I am getting connection failure on the client side. Attaching Server log (log_11_9_server.rar) and Client log (log_11_9_client.rar).
    Can you help to find the issue?
    Thank you,
    Alex[DOUBLEPOST=1447105492][/DOUBLEPOST]re-adding file

Attachments

• log_11_9_client.rar
      10.3 KB
    • log_11_9_server.rar
      14.4 KB
    • Gentle.rar
      2 KB
    • alx_working.rar
      340 bytes