Unable to start graph / start timeshifting... Timed out waiting for PMT (1 Viewer)

nealeb

Portal Member
May 3, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Missed two recordings tonight, one last night, but worked the night before that (I mainly use MP for recording rather than live viewing). Too random to be useful, unfortunately, and I seem to have spent more time uninstalling/reinstalling than viewing my recordings recently. Generally (although not 100% of the time) it will work from a fresh boot rather than when resuming from hibernate. Problem shows when using the KWorld card mentioned below but it is just as unreliable when using a DigiTV USB tuner w/BDA driver.

Logs attached.

System:

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name NOVATECH
System Manufacturer MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD
System Model MS-7246
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6 GenuineIntel ~2669 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD V7.7, 08/10/2007
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"
User Name NOVATECH\Brian
Time Zone GMT Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 1,028.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 242.42 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 3.85 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Tuner card is KWorld PE355-2T (PCI-E dual DVB-T).

Graphics: GeForce 7600 GS

thewan

Portal Member
December 5, 2007
Home Country
OK - more logs - this time from a fresh install of 1.1 - same thing! Process today was:

Uninstall 1.0.1 completely
Uninstall MS SQL competely
Install 1.1
Scan for channels
Try and preview channels thru tvserver config
Still get a combination of unknown error, unable to start graph or no audio/video detected

No plugins or extras of any knd - vanilla clean install!

Have updated to Catalyst 9.6 and it seems to be happening more with my DVB-C (TT c-501 DA 5.0.0.19) card than the DVB-T one!

Realy getting on my nerves now - may have to go back to 1.0.0 to get a working up to date scan!!!

T

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Reported earlier that i have simular issues, but fixed it with doing a complete rescan of all channels. Remembered that i had changed the "tune" parameter in the tv-server config to 0 sec. Changed it back again to 2 and all problems were gone. Maybe this helps other mp friends.

nealeb

Portal Member
    May 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Are you getting reliable tuning/recording/viewing even after a hibernate/resume cycle or two? That's when my one goes wrong!

nealeb

Portal Member
    May 3, 2009
    Home Country
    I had the same problems (MP 1.0.1). What helped with me is this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/epg-grabbers-tuningdetails-296/updated-ziggo-tuning-parameters-56590/ . Since then no problems!

Possibly not exactly the same problem. My local (UK - Rowridge) transmitter (DVB-T) has changed frequencies from those in the standard XML file shipping with MP, but I have an updated version with the new frequencies that I use. Scanning and channel finding is fine, first time every time, and it finds all the TV and radio channels that I know are there; it is after a hibernate/resume cycle or two (say, when the system wakes up to record a programme) that it fails. In my case, it seems to fail on every channel although some people seem to be OK on some channels but not others.

thewan

Portal Member
    December 5, 2007
    Home Country
    FIXED!???!?

I seem to maybe have found a solution for my issue!

I was using the scanning function by providing a frequency, symbol rate etc... and letting MP scan for the channels.

Now i have dug out my old manual tuning files - this is for DVB-C in the UK so i have a .dvbc file with all the tuning steps from installations of old and this seems to have fixed it for now - will keep an eye on it and see how it lasts!

I also updated the driver for the TT 1501 card - but had some of the channels that definately failed before working when i did the full manual scan.

T

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom