Unable to start graph / start timeshifting... Timed out waiting for PMT (2 Viewers)

4roma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 16, 2009
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    GRRRR!!!:mad: This issue is realy starting to kill all the fun MP has to offer. No changes made on my system, no Windows update and randomly channels give errors they did not have the days before.

I posted logfiles as requested, but do not read any feedback from a developer. What's up with this? :mad:

n0ssy

June 29, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have had this problem since last night, it was working fine all day yesterday then just stopped
    I'm in the UK and was recording the BBC and ITV, it's the BBC channels group which are having problems
    I get xml files only, no ts files, when setting scheduled recordings. Usually when MP refuses to record something I get no xml or ts files, so at least it's trying this time
    Switching the channels manually either takes 10+ seconds or I get the graph error, it's strange as these are usually my most reliable channels
    A restart of the Tvservice.exe normally fixes any problems but not this time, I'll go try a retune
    Using MP 1.0.1 here

After retuning and rebooting all is well so far, for some reason one of my tuners wouldn't detect 5 of the 6 channel groups, I guess this was causing a problem for MP

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    OK - more logs - this time from a fresh install of 1.1 - same thing! Process today was:

Uninstall 1.0.1 completely
    Uninstall MS SQL competely
    Install 1.1
    Scan for channels
    Try and preview channels thru tvserver config
    Still get a combination of unknown error, unable to start graph or no audio/video detected

No plugins or extras of any knd - vanilla clean install!

Have updated to Catalyst 9.6 and it seems to be happening more with my DVB-C (TT c-501 DA 5.0.0.19) card than the DVB-T one!

Realy getting on my nerves now - may have to go back to 1.0.0 to get a working up to date scan!!!

T

Seems something bad got broken in your system:

Code:
    2009-07-05 10:06:51.234375 [11]:     unable to connect transport information filter
    2009-07-05 10:06:51.234375 [11]: dvb: could not get IBDA_Topology from tuner
    2009-07-05 13:55:30.531250 [6]:     unable to connect transport information filter
    2009-07-05 13:55:30.546875 [6]: dvb: could not get IBDA_Topology from tuner

I would bet on completly disabling grab EPG.

Simone

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    They are not the problem, in general, on my system (I have increased the time) - sometimes it just seems to freeze for a bit on my system, then comes up with the Unable to start graph / start timeshifting errors.
    I AM on 1.1.0 Alpha, with the latest SVN.
    I'll break it and post the logs...

#UPDATE#
    Tried to break it using MP 1.1.0 Alpha with my plugins installed and enabled (tried to break it with a 'real world' config)
    Using the ORIGNAL tswriter.ax I couldn't fault it, but could not get the EPG to populate.
    Replaced the tswriter.ax file with the one (DJBlu's 16-Mar-09 version), the EPG came flooding in, but got the Unable to start graph / start timeshifting errors immediately.
    Waiting for the EPG to populate now, once finished I'll replace the original tswriter.ax file and test again...

#UPDATE 2#
    Replaced original tswriter.ax file and the TV now works fine...

I guess it's an EPG or working TV dilema..!
    :(
    I want both!!

Pletskop

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I have had this problem since last night, it was working fine all day yesterday then just stopped
    I'm in the UK and was recording the BBC and ITV, it's the BBC channels group which are having problems
    I get xml files only, no ts files, when setting scheduled recordings. Usually when MP refuses to record something I get no xml or ts files, so at least it's trying this time
    Switching the channels manually either takes 10+ seconds or I get the graph error, it's strange as these are usually my most reliable channels
    A restart of the Tvservice.exe normally fixes any problems but not this time, I'll go try a retune
    Using MP 1.0.1 here

After retuning and rebooting all is well so far, for some reason one of my tuners wouldn't detect 5 of the 6 channel groups, I guess this was causing a problem for MP

I have had the same problem here... Since a couple of days, I couldn't tune in on some of the Astra2 channels. Some invetsigation showed that the problem was only for a single transponders [10773H), all the other channels were fine.
    I subsequently did a rescan of the whole satelite which updated all the transponder info and now I can watch the channels again.

Seems to me that the "unable to start graph" problem with "no PMT" can have several causes...

Regards,

Peter

thewan

Portal Member
    December 5, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    chemelli

Updated to 1.1 aplha and it was still broken - now it seems to be OK after I scanned for channels from a .DVBC file rather than the auto scan option and this seemed to fix it!

On a general note 1.1 seems to be quite stable for me - i havent installed any skins or plugins yet but the main function for WAF is just TV and it seems to work OK. The only thing i have noticed is when i watch a HD channel my CPU now goes through the roof so much that the fans come on too loud to watch it and it goes very jerky and intermittent audio - i could alwys watch the 1 HD channel we have before with 1.0.x?

Seems to be the scanning that was causing the issues - it was always broken in 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 - to fix it in these versions i imported a backup channel list from an older 1.0.0 install and it was always OK. The same issues applied in 1.1 aplha so then i scanned from an old .dvbc file i had with all the frequencies in it rather than the auto scan function and it seems to be all ok.

I also updated the driver for the DVBC card but the channels that were broken were fixed after the scan from a dvbc file and before i updated the driver so I think the scan from file fixed it for me.

I havent got the EPG grabbing set when idle and never have - unfortunalty this has always broken stuff for me which is annoying as there are a few channels that arent included in the XML download from RT (Not really channels i watch but i would like a fully populated EPG!)

SpudR
    Have you tried XMLTVGUI for EPG info - i use it to grab the Radio Times listings for the UK and it has pretty much all the channels avaiable on it - simple to set up and i just run it as a scheduled task every couple of days to populate the EPG. There are a few gaps on some of the channels but they are mainly the ones i am not too concerned about or some of the +1 channels which can be dealt with.

T

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Tried XMLTVGui for a while - didn't really like it (though it is bloomin' fast :D)
    DJBlu is working with the devs on a new TSWriter.ax file (one that will have auto updates for any channels that 'move' or change tuning parameters)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom