Unable to start Timeshifting, Unknow Error Occur (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonaskp

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
This is puzzling indeed. Right now everything is working.

I thought that it might be the TVserver Client plugin for Vista MCE i used that messed it all up. So I tried deleting all channels, scan manually, stop when it picked up one channel, check that it was working, deleted this channel, imported old Export.xml file, check that it was working, trying to watch Live tv from Client (running MP) - working, trying to watch tv from the client with vista and the client plugin - no tv but rest of the computers are still working.
I have no idea what happened.

I'll try to watch some more tv, and if it happens again I'll return. Otherwise i consider this "bug" a fault of my own og my setup.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I'm setting this thread with "no bug" status. Lets change it into something else later if needed.

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    OK it just happened again when I tried watching TV from my laptop. Got the error on the laptop and on all other computers when I tried watching tv there too. Restarted the server on now it is working again (which means all the deleting and re-importing of tv channels I did the other times were waste of time).

I have no idea what to do about this since it is happening randomly and I am not able to reproduce it. Since restarting the server did help, I atleast has an easier way of fixing it whenever it happens.

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Thank God, I thought I was going crazy being the only one. It could be a bug only in this Hauppauge card then, seing as my card, PVR500, is basically just your card x 2.

DarkWader

Portal Pro
    October 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thank God, I thought I was going crazy being the only one. It could be a bug only in this Hauppauge card then, seing as my card, PVR500, is basically just your card x 2.

Most likely yes. The latest SVN's based on 0.2.3.0 also broke my card. (without tvserver)
    It has to be a general hauppage bug with the RC1 TVserver. Without the server the card works fine.

DarkWader

Portal Pro
    October 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I'm setting this thread with "no bug" status. Lets change it into something else later if needed.

You might want to change it back now then, its needed ;)

I also want to add, that I dont find any channels on a auto scan..
    And the scan also takes forever! around 30 mins, for three existing channels..(that it doesnt actually find)

There is no trouble with the drivers either, as they are the latest and works with a RC1-non TVserver setup.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Can't confirm this with my cards PVR500 & PVR150, they work good in both singleseat & multiseat setups.

Regards
    Roy

DarkWader

Portal Pro
    October 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Can't confirm this with my cards PVR500 & PVR150, they work good in both singleseat & multiseat setups.

Regards
    Roy

rgr that.
    What drivers are you using? Wich MPEG decoder?

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    I use the 2.0.48.25037 drivers for PVR cards & as codec PDVD 8(video) & ffdshow(Audio)

Regards
    Roy

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom