Unable to start Timeshifting, Unknow Error Occur (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonaskp

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I am not able to Reproduce it either, it happens randomly. After a restart of the server, it seem everything is fine, until next time it happens.

semichco

Portal Member
July 23, 2007
Home Country
Ive just started gettin this error but with one of the later svns. It has been working great but without any explanation i get these errors. To resolve this the first time I rescanned the channels in tvserver and all worked again but am getting the same error again.

Unauthorized

Portal Member
January 11, 2007
I am also getting this error with TV-Server 1.0 RC1 and XP64 if I try to start timeshifting from a MediaPortal Client or from SetupTV. I did not have the problem with any SVN build I tried and am currently running build 18584 again (so this IS A BUG with TV-Server 1.0 RC1!). I tried 3 different WinTV drivers: CD 2.5, CD 2.7 and the mentioned 2.0.48.25037 BDA drivers but never could make RC1 run. It is also impossible to do a scan: No channel is found and when the scan is complete, the card is still scanning according to status display under manual control.

I attached the log files of TV-Server where I tried to start timeshifting for the channel "ARD" manually.

TV-Server Version: 1.0 RC1 Refresh
Windows Version: XP64 (Server for multiseat)
CPU Type: Athlon X2 BE-2350
HDD: Samsung 501LJ
Memory: 2x1GB DDR2-666
Motherboard: ASRock ALiveNF6G-DVI
1. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 150MCE
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPEG2 Decoder Filter (from MP) and WinTV Intervideo Decoder

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Unauthorized, last time i tested/checked XP64 could not run with pvr cards @ all & MP doesn't support that OS.

Regards
    Roy

Unauthorized

Portal Member
    January 11, 2007
    Nice one! Until RC1 I never noticed that XP64 was unsupported as everything ran before. So which OS shall I use for my home server then as Win2003 Server (and therefor Windows Home Server too) is also not supported?

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hmm,
    Why not read requirement page in wiki, it has stated for a very long time that xp64 it's not supported, btw this discussion should take place in another parth of a forum instead of in a bug report.

Regards
    Roy

fredrikml

Portal Member
    April 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I have exactly the same problem using Vista home premium, Floppy Dtv dvb-c.

Normally this problem comes after the pc has been to sleep.

I then have to restart the pc.

Unauthorized

Portal Member
    January 11, 2007
    ronilse: So why do you start it here? OK, if you don´t want to call this a bug just because of an "officially unsupported" OS, RC1 nevertheless destroyed functionality and other people with other OSs are also having the problem. I just followed the invitation to report bugs I find in RC1, but if this is unwanted say it straight!

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Unauthorized, whats supported & not supported can be read from wiki.

This is the supported/unsupported OS:
    Windows XP with latest Service Pack
    Windows MCE 2005 with latest Roll-Up Version
    Windows Vista 32/64bit with latest Service Pack
    Windows XP 64bit is NOT SUPPORTED
    Windows Server Versions are NOT SUPPORTED.

Your error it's about filter which can't connect & therefore most likely caused by drivers or our filter thats not XP64 compatible & we have no possibility to confirm or fix for XP64, thats just reality nothing else....

Regards
    Roy

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom