Unable to Stream: 2.0 (1 Viewer)

Jorge Acosta

Portal Member
October 20, 2012
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello everyone,

I have searched in this forum for my particular problem and found some posts describing my problem but the associated fixes are not solving my problem.

As the thread title says, that is the message I receive when trying to view Live TV. I already have a static ip for both server and frontend and have changed them to see if that would help. I have changed the streaming port and that did not help. I disabled firewall in both server and firewall even though they were on when this worked perfectly so I don't think that is the issue. I have even tried to sweet talk the client PC, that did not work.

Logs attached. Can anyone help me with this issue please? One thing to note is that on one of the threads or a mediaportal wiki guide mentioned to try to play the rstp stream with VLC. That also was throwing an error if that helps.

Thanks in advance to anyone who attempts to help.

-Jorge

Attachments

• MP-Frontend.7z
    39.9 KB
  • TVServer.7z
    6.3 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    You are using port 0 for RTSP streaming. This can not work as valid range is 554 -65535. There is no need to change default Port 554 to something else if this port istn't used by third party applications...

Jorge Acosta

Portal Member
    October 20, 2012
    Pembroke Pines, Florida
    Home Country
    Hi.
    You are using port 0 for RTSP streaming. This can not work as valid range is 554 -65535. There is no need to change default Port 554 to something else if this port istn't used by third party applications...

I am not using port 0. I am using the default. I had played around with it and when I noticed that it did not fix anything, I went back to 554 (see attached - RTSP.png)

ever tried to click Preview button on TV server in TVConfig? will it show picture then?
    I created a short 3 min video of me hitting preview. I get sound but no video. I do want to add that I am using a modified version of TVServer as I am using a Ceton Card and working off a Work In Progress thread titled "[WiP] - CableCard tuner support for MediaPortal 1". In the video is also a clip of me running timeshift successfully on all tuners at once. Lastly, it shows me testing the channels with no failures.

Attachments

• RTSP.png
      RTSP.png
      42.4 KB
    • video.zip
      9.3 MB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    According to your Logs you are using Port 0:
    04-02-2013 10:27:10.287 [390]open rtsp:rtsp://192.168.1.37:0/stream2.0
    04-02-2013 10:27:10.288 [390]CRTSPClient::OpenStream()
    04-02-2013 10:27:10.288 [390]CRTSPClient::getSDPDescriptionFromURL()
    04-02-2013 10:27:10.288 [390]Failed to get a SDP description from URL rtsp://192.168.1.37:0/stream2.0 Bad port number
    Maybe you've changed this back to default in TVServer but forget in Frontend...

Jorge Acosta

Portal Member
    October 20, 2012
    Pembroke Pines, Florida
    Home Country
    Lehmden, I do not see anywhere where I can change to port on the frontend. Pic attached.[DOUBLEPOST=1359997130][/DOUBLEPOST]
    any chance for you to configure host names instead of ip addresses?
    can you post screenshot of streaming settings as here http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...n/TV-Server_Configuration/10_Streaming_Server ?

It does not look like the picture in the website you sent me but it has the information. See attached[DOUBLEPOST=1359997339][/DOUBLEPOST]Vasilich, here is another pic of the streaming settings

Attachments

• Frontend-Settings.png
      Frontend-Settings.png
      130.1 KB
    • TVServer Streaming settings.png
      TVServer Streaming settings.png
      41.4 KB
    • TVServer Streaming settings 2.png
      TVServer Streaming settings 2.png
      44.8 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    You're right, you cannot change Port in client, was just a guess why Port was used also you say you have not choose Port ...

There are two places where you can change Port in TV Service Configuration. You're looking at "TVServers" maybe you have a look at "Streaming servers" also...
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom