Unconsistent behavior in textboxscrollup and defines in MP 1.13 (1 Viewer)

XMaM

Portal Member
December 15, 2012
Asturias
Home Country
Spain Spain
I think there is inconsistent behavior with defines in textboxscrollup (maybe introduced or not completely solved by MP1-4695). I will try to explain it (not easy for me).
You can use <define> and <define property=...> in window XML file and in references.xml file, in different controls and different tags (<label>, <color>, <width>,...). Some combinations seem to work and others do not.
Take for example this scenario:
In references.xml file:
Code:
<define>#test.define_text:This is an example define text</define>
<define>#test.define_color:ffffffff</define>
<define property="true">#test.property_text:This is an example property text</define>
<define property="true">#test.property_color:ffffffff</define>

<style Name="style_test_control_define">
   <label>#test.define_text_xml</label>
   <color>#test.define_color_xml</color>
</style>
<style Name="style_test_control_property">
   <label>#test.property_text_xml</label>
   <color>#test.property_color_xml</color>
</style>

In any window XML file:
Code:
<define>#test.define_text_xml:This is an example define text</define>
<define>#test.define_color_xml:ffffffff</define>
<define property="true">#test.property_text_xml:This is an example property text</define>
<define property="true">#test.property_color_xml:ffffffff</define>

Now, in the same window XML file, if you try to use define, property or style in textboxscrollup, some of them don't work.

#test.property_text_xml is ok, as expected, but #test.define_text_xml don't work.
#test.define_text and #test.property_text (both included in references.xml), neither works.

If you use the style style_test_control_define in the textboxscrollup, doesn't work (the label or color text are not converted)
If you use the style style_test_control_property in the textboxscrollup, it works, but also, if you try to override the tags (e.g. with <label>This is another text</label> in textboxscrollup), doesn't work.

Trying to summarize:
Code:
define in references.xml      | don't work | can be overridden
define in window xml          | don't work | can't be overridden
property in references.xml | don't work | can be overridden
property in window xml      | work           | can't be overridden
Can or can't be overridden refers to the use in defining a style in references.xml and then try to change in the window file.

Wow, this is a mess :confused:. I hope this may be understandable, but I have tried to explain it as best I could (n).

XMaM

Portal Member
December 15, 2012
Asturias
Home Country
Spain Spain
Someone can confirm that global defines and properties (<define> and <define property="true"..> included in references.xml file) are working in textboxscrollup and MP 1.13?
I revert to 1.12, because I have not gotten it to work on my system and my skin was broken, so I can't do more tests.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yes i think it was me (from i remember) it was a tricky to debug at first and i was helped from @wizard123 to trigger the issue, maybe it can help to reproduce it and see why, because the skin engine is really not my cup of tea (does the expression is the same as french lol ?)

Last edited:

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Using sebs patch/fix i was able to have a Latestmediadefines.xml in which i had defines like this

<define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#pluginlist:playDisc,Trakt,OnlineVideos,Pictures</define>

Without the patches, defines used in textboxscroll will never work and have not in previous versions either as the skin engine for textboxscrollup control does not parse them correctly as seb found.

Not sure if the fixes were included in last release ?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    The MP1-4695 is included fro 1.13 Final :) but it seems to trigger some regressions then or maybe need another fix.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Hmm not sure, i confirmed it was working but is the OP saying it does not work in MP1.13 or MP1.12 as he states he dropped back to 1.12 and its not working which it won't.

I revert to 1.12, because I have not gotten it to work on my system and my skin was broken, so I can't do more tests.

XMaM

Portal Member
    December 15, 2012
    Asturias
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    First of all, thank you all. I think I have not explained well (my english is not as good as I would like, if not bad ;)).

Using sebs patch/fix i was able to have a Latestmediadefines.xml in which i had defines like this

<define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#pluginlist:playDisc,Trakt,OnlineVideos,Pictures</define>

Without the patches, defines used in textboxscroll will never work and have not in previous versions either as the skin engine for textboxscrollup control does not parse them correctly as seb found.

Without the patch, <define property="true" evaluateNow="true">...<...> does not work in 1.12 in the <label> tag. With the patch, is working in 1.13 (at least in the <label> tag), so good work :). I do not remember now if it also worked in other tags in 1.13 if you insert "the define" in the window xml file (as <textcolor>#mycolor</textcolor>, but this was working in 1.12)

However, if you put <define>#mycolor:ff000000</define> in references.xml and use it in skin xml file with <textcolor>#mycolor</textcolor>, does not work in 1.13. With MP 1.12, it worked perfectly. Another thing is when you use styles, but this is best left for another time, because perhaps it is related to the above.

I think that the problem with defines in MP 1.12 was only in the <label> tag, while working properly in the other tags. Now, with 1.13, defines are working perfectly in the <label> tag, but it has stopped working in other tags.

Maybe (I think that yes) this issue in aMPed skin is related with this.

And again, thank you. I appreciate your work.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Confirmed define in <textcolor> does not work but doubtful it's related to the patch as other controls like standard buttons are affected. Can not confirm it worked in 1.12 though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom