Unconsistent behavior in textboxscrollup and defines in MP 1.13 (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    From what i have see, setting something in reference.xml made it available for all other wml and on first check (like the textcolor).

I'm quite 99% sure that the MP1-4695 broke something (textcolor for ex.) because the check is not done and like textboxscrollup didn't handle/read is color is defined or not, it will failed :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    So that lead to the new core.dll :

- Revert the previous fix done in GUIControlFactory.cs to let read if a define value need to be read (text or color or whatever)
    - Remove the check of GUITextScrollUpControl.cs to know if it's a property or not and like this if it's a text then the text stay as text and if it's a property, it is converted/readed.

:)

XMaM

Portal Member
    December 15, 2012
    Asturias
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    XMaM tried to reference a define from another xml within his define tag which won´t work ;)
    Sorry but i don't fully understand this (for my english). What am I trying to do?

OFC, because references.xml is ALWAYS read and therefore all defines from there will be automatically available throughout the whole XMLs ;)
    Except for textboxscrollup in MP 1.13 with the original fix ;)

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Here we go for a v2 bin (for 1.12) @XMaM it's for you to confirm that it's working correctly.
    I will link for a MP1-4695 based on master :)

Attachments

• Core_textboxscrollup_MP.1.12-v2.zip
      1.1 MB

XMaM

Portal Member
    December 15, 2012
    Asturias
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    @Sebastiii core.dll v2 tested. I doublecheck again all the versions.
    The v2 version works just like v1. I have not found differences. I don't know if this is the expected. Note that I only test the textboxscrollup control (well, and label and fadelabel only for comparison)

All the defines in references.xml are working as expected (in <label> and <textcolor>)

All the 'only defines' (like <define>#test_textstring_xml:This is text in define</define>, that is <define property="false"...>...</define>) are working as expected inserted in myvideo.views.default.xml, that is included from myvideos.xml. Here's something interesting/baffling: If I put this define (<define>#test_textstring_xml:This is text in define</define>) in the main file (myvideos.xml) just after this one (<define>#backdrop:background\videos.jpg</define>) (used as text in <label>, no like file path). Well, the first one (#test_textstring_xml) don't work in textboxscrollup <label>, but the second one (#backdrop) works. I can't see any (functional) difference between the two. Let's keep going, this is only a curiosity.

All the properties (<define property="true"...>...</define>) are working if they are inside myvideo.views.default.xml, Some of them are also working inside myvideos.xml: the properties that are only text, and are rendered in the first check. The properties that have other property inside, dont work, so in this case the second check is not doing its job, as expected. (or so it seems to me).

However, this fix works properly and fixes some issues present in version 1.12 without causing regressions (at least in my tests with textboxscrollup, label and fadelabel). (y):)

And the installer based on master : http://tinyurl.com/htujfmh
    Do you want that I try the instaler for 1.13 test version? Can I upgrade to 1.14 Final when available from this test version?

Thanks.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks for your testing :)
    Yep V2 should act like V1 but i handle the code differently and for sure related to textboxscrollup and you just tested regression.

Yes you can try the installer based on 1.13 and you can do the upgrade to 1.14 Pre and Final release :)
    Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom